Alpha

CAYOM - New Franchise Rights Thread

58 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Just need help coming up with the story. This franchise is a extremely tough nut to crack for me. I'll write it and whoever help can edit it if they want 

I thought you were doing a Star Force adaptation though?

I vehemently oppose an Over the Garden Wall adaptation of any kind in the same vein as I oppose a Hamilton adaptation or a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid sequel. Good luck cookie getting past this if you do a project based on it.

unrelated but I’ll take temple run

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

12 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I vehemently oppose an Over the Garden Wall adaptation of any kind in the same vein as I oppose a Hamilton adaptation or a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid sequel. Good luck cookie getting past this if you do a project based on it.

Coming from the guy trying to do Roger Rabbit 2 that is rich.

Spoiler

I don't actually plan to do OtGW, not for several years anyway

• Sad 1

Doing a sequel to a world with so much potential that has never been tapped is very different. I've had ideas for multiple Roger Rabbit sequels or side-stories since I was a kid and as soon as Xillix said he was gonna do Jaws 5, I was like "fuck it, it's time." I'm doing a one-off sequel and not trying to franchise it.

Meanwhile you (presumably with how you announced it) want to adapt a nearly perfect animated miniseries into a live-action movie/trilogy. A better comparison would be me wanting to do a live-action Ghibli movie if anything. If you do it well, great, I look forward to reading it but you're climbing a ridiculous steep hill while doing so

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

Doing a sequel to a world with so much potential that has never been tapped is very different. I've had ideas for multiple Roger Rabbit sequels or side-stories since I was a kid and as soon as Xillix said he was gonna do Jaws 5, I was like "fuck it, it's time." I'm doing a one-off sequel and not trying to franchise it.

I happen to think Roger Rabbit is a perfect movie and trying to do a sequel to it to me feels like a fool's errand, so to each their own.

Meanwhile you (presumably with how you announced it) want to adapt a nearly perfect animated miniseries into a live-action movie/trilogy. A better comparison would be me wanting to do a live-action Ghibli movie if anything. If you do it well, great, I look forward to reading it but you're climbing a ridiculous steep hill while doing so

I claim the rights to a lot of things there's a good chance I'll never ever touch. This isn't an announcement, If I did I'd be making a Magazine post.

• Sad 1

I agree with you that Roger Rabbit is a perfect movie. So is Jaws.

And if you're bothered by my reaction, you really shouldn't be. Numbers did the same thing for me for Book of Mormon back in the day and although I never wrote it, I'm sure if the game hadn't had imploded it would've hit its internal release date of Y11. Now I've shelved it lol but my point is don't be bothered by me warning you that I think an adaptation is a bad idea. Do whatever you want :)