Alpha

CAYOM - New Franchise Rights Thread

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

not to be like, bullshit; but I thought it was 5 years to the date. 😠

show! me! the! receipts!

I can't find the original post where it was said because evidently the response was not in this thread even though my question was, but this is how the rule was applied to me when I asked for Silent Hill rights and to @cookie for John Carter.

• Like 1

The first post says

"No claiming franchise rights for any property that's had a theatrical movie in the past five years"

I understood that to mean 5 years on the dot.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

The first post says

"No claiming franchise rights for any property that's had a theatrical movie in the past five years"

Right, which is ambiguous enough wording to raise the question. I asked for clarification all the way back on Page 2 and no one responded in this thread. When @Rorschach and I were planning to split the Silent Hill rights we were told to wait until 2018, not October 27th, 2017. I don't remember who or where, but that's how it's been done since. You can find us discussing this fact back in earlier posts too, I'm not making it up, haha.

Doesn't mean I think it's right, just that's the standard others have been held to so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Doesn't mean I think it's right, just that's the standard others have been held to so far.

I mean if pretty much everyone thinks it's bollocks, and I presume they will, then that would settle things going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@Blankments now owns the rights for Kim Possible.

Also giving up rights for:

Teenage Robot

Fairly OddParents

The X’s

I would like the rights to Fairly OddParents.

While I'm in the thread, I'll also claim the rights to an indie video game called I Am Bread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

Giving up the rights to The Secret Saturdays. I’m too attached to the property to give it the time and care it needs for a multi-movie adaptation at the moment

lord i know those feels

• Like 1