My Life as a Teenage Robot

Ratchet and Clank

Dax

Dracula

Wolfman 

Samurai Jack

The Shining

Treasure Planet

Ratchet & Clank rights aren't available until real-world year 2022 since the movie came out in 2016. Dracula can't be reserved as it's in the public domain, but you can feel free to make movies based on it/him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xillix said:

Ratchet & Clank rights aren't available until real-world year 2022 since the movie came out in 2016. Dracula can't be reserved as it's in the public domain, but you can feel free to make movies based on it/him. 

If Crash Bandicoot or Spyro are available I’d take them.

1 hour ago, cookie said:

The Barsoom series (since it's been over five years since John Carter came out)

I think it was agreed upon that we we waiting for the calendar year to roll over for 2012 properties to become available. Obviously though Y3 is unlikely to start much before January so post your claim on New Year's Day and you should be fine :P

• Sad 1

On 11/27/2017 at 5:41 PM, Xillix said:

I think it was agreed upon that we we waiting for the calendar year to roll over for 2012 properties to become available. Obviously though Y3 is unlikely to start much before January so post your claim on New Year's Day and you should be fine :P

So is that Silent Hill deal we had still good once the new year comes around?

Making a last-minute grab for Airport rights for flop-filler purposes!

Also - now that it's 2018, I'd like to tentatively claim Silent Hill, HOWEVER - @Rorschach and I were planning a deal where we'd co-own the rights, my studio would do the stuff focused on the cult mythology and he'd handle the more personal stories. Are people okay with that?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Xillix said:

@cookie Actually I just realized Barsoom is public domain so... you can't claim it but you can totally do it if you want. So can anyone else though. And I guess technically you could've done it at any point. Sorry 'bout that >.>

Is it though? I seem to remember Disney losing the rights after they canceled the planned John Carter sequels.

Edit: Wiki says Disney had the film rights but allowed them to revert back to the Burroughs estate in 2014.

Edit again: Read up on it more and the first seven books are public domain in the States but since they were copyrighted separately in the UK they're still copyrighted there and in the rest of the world (which explains why Disney needed the rights so they could release John Carter internationally).

Edited by cookie

2 hours ago, cookie said:

Is it though? I seem to remember Disney losing the rights after they canceled the planned John Carter sequels.

Edit: Wiki says Disney had the film rights but allowed them to revert back to the Burroughs estate in 2014.

Edit again: Read up on it more and the first seven books are public domain in the States but since they were copyrighted separately in the UK they're still copyrighted there and in the rest of the world (which explains why Disney needed the rights so they could release John Carter internationally).

Ah, well then claim away I suppose.