WrathOfHan

All the Money in the World | 25th of December, 2017 | Wahlberg's gotta get paid

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Doesn't matter. It's gonna flop no matter where it opens.

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Moving it is the best bet financially speaking. Whether the movie is good or not, it's awards chances are dashed, and delaying it a few months will (and I hate to say it but it's true to a degree) give the Spacey issue some time to blow over in the public eye.

Basically this. I think it could do around 40M in the summer.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Basically this. I think it could do around 40M in the summer.

Might want to update the title cause it's staying put.

I mean, might as well. Spacey won't be any less toxic by the summer. They'll just take the loss and move on.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I mean, might as well. Spacey won't be any less toxic by the summer. They'll just take the loss and move on.

I added a not. This is Sony we're dealing with :lol: 

57 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Moving it is the best bet financially speaking. Whether the movie is good or not, it's awards chances are dashed, and delaying it a few months will (and I hate to say it but it's true to a degree) give the Spacey issue some time to blow over in the public eye.

It's DOA no matter when released. Without award recognition, this kind of film has no chance.

It's dead,Jim.

47 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, just have the accountants figure out how big a tax write off they can get for this.

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's DOA no matter when released. Without award recognition, this kind of film has no chance.

It's dead,Jim.

Just because it's got zero awards chances doesn't necessarily mean it's a BAD film though

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just because it's got zero awards chances doesn't necessarily mean it's a BAD film though

Maybe it isn't, but right now you'd have to be blissfully unaware of any news whatsoever to watch Spacey in a movie without squirming, and who wants that? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Maybe it isn't, but right now you'd have to be blissfully unaware of any news whatsoever to watch Spacey in a movie without squirming, and who wants that? 

This. It might be the  best film of the year, and that would not save it. It's doomed,a victim of circumstance. At SONY,they are no doubt cursing the name of Harvey Weinstein for starting this huge row of dominoes falling.

IMHO Spacey's career is also DOA. Right now has better concentrate not on his trying to salvage his probably doomed career, but on keeping out of jail. Amazed if has not already lawyered up.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Do you know something we(the trades) don't ?

If this was true, it would be over not just the trades but the media. It's pure B.S.

And not particularly clever BS at that. If Gopher is going to troll with fake stories, he really has to improve his game.

• Haha 2