cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

I'll be contributing for reviews, etc. for the incoming Year 2017.

Film-wise, I don't think I will do much more than finding a few fillers from prior CAYOM iterations and dropping them in. Depending on how things look I may drop in an old Oscar contender (with some tweaking if need be).

Won't think about taking a part in the franchise/blockbuster game until later on.

I will bring back my Liam Neeson "franchise" though. :sparta:

• Like 2

I will be creating a Chrono Trigger film, based on the main plot of the game.

A few references to alternate endings but it will focus on the standard plot.

Zooey Dechanel will play Lucca the inventor.

Jennifer Lawerence as Marle.

For the record - and anyone who was on the new forum during its brief existence won't be surprised - I'm planning SWAT KatsHe-ManReBoot, and Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills adaptations for year 1. Got a couple originals already written as well.

Just a little heads-up on the deal with the separate "MV Pictures" studio I posted in the studio thread - it's basically my temporary workaround for being dumb enough to schedule two of my own animated projects about a month apart from each other, so it'll be releasing SWAT Kats as well as some fillers that are designed to flop. Basically if SWAT Kats is a hit then my primary studio will "buy the rights to the property" and make any sequels, and MV Pictures will inevitably shut down after Y1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xillix said:

I really wanna do an Egyptian mythology picture but I'm worried Alex Proyas has f***ed it up for me :/

As long as you stay away from Gerard Butler and hideous CGI you'll be fine.

So just a thing I had to get off my chest:

There's an obscure 80s pop song I like. A lot. As in, when I first downloaded it, I listened to it on loop 40 times in a row. That's not an exaggeration, it's literally true (iTunes has a play counter).

So I'm making a CAYOM movie out of it and it's going to be my most serious Oscar contender for Y2.

21 minutes ago, Xillix said:

There's an obscure 80s pop song I like. A lot. As in, when I first downloaded it, I listened to it on loop 40 times in a row. That's not an exaggeration, it's literally true (iTunes has a play counter).

So I'm making a CAYOM movie out of it and it's going to be my most serious Oscar contender for Y2.

I had a similar experience listening to Pyramids by Frank Ocean. So I guess we're going up against each other in that respect. :ph34r:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Xillix said:

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I had a similar experience listening to Pyramids by Frank Ocean. So I guess we're going up against each other in that respect. :ph34r:

I experienced the same thing. Except it was more a whole album (Nostalgia, Ultra) than on song.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Considering I've got 17 movies scheduled for Y2 already I should probably start, like, writing something...

Especially since I need to re-read that Amityville book.

Hahah same....I have written virtually all my tentpoles but UnHoly and Poison and Wine 2. 

I'm far along on most of my films even if none of them are finished yet.

I also have two cuts of The Scavenger Wars going (One R and one PG-13) and I'll make the call on which one to go with once finished.:sparta:

If I go with PG-13 I may release the R-rated cut later.

Edited by cookie

I am debating if I should make Academy R or PG-13....anybody willing to pre-read it? I just want one person though haha. 

Also I want to do the CAYOM Festival! Everybody submits one film to me and I send them to three non-CAYOM individuals to read. They give their review and I post it. Yay or nay? Happens before Part 1 begins.