cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

Just as a public service announcement I've got to head out for a couple hours around 7:30 or 8:00 EST, so there'll be a brief period after the thread goes up when I won't be around to update the first post. I'll get everything in order once I get back around 9-ish.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Just as a public service announcement I've got to head out for a couple hours around 7:30 or 8:00 EST, so there'll be a brief period after the thread goes up when I won't be around to update the first post. I'll get everything in order once I get back around 9-ish.

Sounds good! 

Also a huge thanks for doing this for us!! 

So...I have being ignoring writing David but I have being writing Truth Is instead. I am at 172,000ish words right now.....I am suppose to be editing it down but new ideas keep popping up and I find myself adding to the film. Why do I do this? lol I swear if I wanted to release the full unedited versions of this trilogy, it would take 9-10 films. 

On 11/8/2017 at 9:09 PM, Hiccup23 said:

So...I have being ignoring writing David but I have being writing Truth Is instead. I am at 172,000ish words right now.....I am suppose to be editing it down but new ideas keep popping up and I find myself adding to the film. Why do I do this? lol I swear if I wanted to release the full unedited versions of this trilogy, it would take 9-10 films. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Question, are we allowed to recycle some stuff from previous iterations of the game? 

Was thinking of maybe polishing up some of my flops or fixing up some flaws from previous successes and dropping them in. 

And thinking of snatching the coens for something again. Have some ideas for a political black comedy...:ph34r:

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Of course, about half of my Y1 line-up were 2.0 C&P.

Might have a rehash of Risk Management then complete with the original batshit crazy ending of a police-chase and helicopter scene. Think a couple of the really old players might've beta read that version haha. 

And i'm still cheesed my WWI epic flopped critically. Think numbers was the only person that liked it. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Random note- David Bowie's "Space Oddity" came on my Sirius XM channel today and it reminded me of the opening montage to Valerian, which was one of the things I liked the most about that film, and it made me think that something similar would be a cool start to a Mass Effect film to segue people into the universe, and that's now inspired me to try and crank out a Mass Effect film for Year 3 if possible.

• Like 2

So I've spent most of the day coming up with ideas for Warlord of Mars and I think it's going to be pretty radically different experience from the source material.

It takes place in the 1970s instead of post-Civil War for one.

• Like 1

Mapping out SPARK: HOMEWARD in my head - with the premise being Alex discovering her father, I'm gonna push hard for it not to be a copy of GOTG2. One thing I definitely want to do is work more with different worlds in the galaxy as well as different species, also working with the characters I have.

It may be less like STAR WARS or MASS EFFECT and maybe a bit more like Uncharted in Space.

Spoiler

Note to self, don't copy UNCHARTED 4 either.

• Like 1