cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

To be a little more detailed, the first game can't be reasonably fit into a single film unless it is a compressed hyper linear a to b to c to d with no character arcs.

So I broke it down into the game's three acts with appropriate expansion of character arcs, empasizing certain subplots, etc.

The main plot of the second game could be done in a single film, but it'd ignore the actual meat and depth of the game that is too interesting to discard. The structure of the trilogy there will be a bit more challenging to organize.

I guess it could work as long as each film has a beginning, middle and end with a coherent flow. So how far do those 27k+ cover?

Also @cookie Farmiga plays Mata, the no nonsense llama hearder, and the role similar to that of Pacha in the original movie in helping Kuzco back to castle.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, cookie said:

I guess it could work as long as each film has a beginning, middle and end with a coherent flow. So how far do those 27k+ cover?

Obviously.

The first film is the first act of the game, with a sideplot of the game substantially expanded into the main thrust of the first film and tied in a bit better with the overarching plot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

So if I aim for 4-5K words on both my films plot summaries both movies should be well received

There have been super well received movies with 1k word counts and awful movies with 10k+ word counts.

At the risk of the obvious connotations of this phrase....size doesn’t matter. It’s how you use it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

So if I aim for 4-5K words on both my films plot summaries both movies should be well received

Size doesn’t matter it’s context. There have been some great films with WC under 5K, and some awful ones over 10K and vice versa.

• Like 1

The Odyssey: Homecoming is gonna take influence from a lot of different films in terms of tone and storyline...

...including:

Logan

The Wrestler

War for the Planet of the Apes

The Dark Knight Rises

Samurai Jack (Season 5)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Thinking about doing a adaptation of "The Strain" trilogy of books by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan but i am unsure if i am allowed to do it because of the TV series

As long as it hasn't had a theatrical release in the last five years, you're good.

You gotta claim it in the franchise rights thread first though.

• Like 1

If anyone was curious to how AR would have gone...

Mild Insight into the childhoods of  Tarek, Ezen, and Naryani, and the gang that Aera tags along with saves the day.

They go into hiding after the infinite blitz, and the film ends with her meeting a young Kozar.

The fourth Spark film would reintroduce them and have them fight alongside our allies. In a way, it’s nice to not have this overkill of characters.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

If anyone was curious to how AR would have gone...

Reveal hidden contents

Sad to see things fall apart but perhaps you can revisit it.

Also I’m extremely hyped for 2 Lonely Bounty Hamsters. 

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Sad to see things fall apart but perhaps you can revisit it.

Also I’m extremely hyped for 2 Lonely Bounty Hamsters. 

I’m trying to focus on more characters specifically in these movies. Perthena will get a lot of fun stuff to do.