cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

Speaking of remaking Disney stuff, I kinda want to write a remake of Race to Witch Mountain, except it's the taxi driver and the two alien kids inside the cab for the whole movie and I'd just build off of that.

You know, this movie...

The-Rock-Driving.jpg

Edited by Alpha

5 hours ago, cookie said:

It didn't really do worse than The Emperor's New Groove tbf

Their initial box office performance was similar but Groove ended up having a better life post-theatrically with a direct-to-video feature-length sequel and a TV series spinoff that ran for two seasons. Atlantis was supposed to have a TV series too but it was cancelled mid-production and they just wound up hastily editing the finished episodes together into an infamously terrible movie-in-name-only for DVD.

In any case I definitely feel like a direct sequel, which more or less requires the audience to have seen the original flop, would have less box office potential than a remake that potentially brings in a new audience.

• Like 1

Going to start seriously working on TSW2 today and hope to have an initial draft done by the end of the month. Going to take any lessons I gain from it to finishing Voltron 3 and SkyRiders afterwards.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 4

@Spagspiria @YourMother the Edgelord I'm going to invite you both to a TSW2 pre-read PM in part to make up for my repeatedly broken promises to produce a read of Voltron 3 for you.

(As of yet there's only data in that thread but if there's any spoiler questions you'd like to ask I'm happy to answer them)

3 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Full disclaimer: the overarching story for the Oscars ceremony will be done through animation.

Hide contents

Specifically, it will be in the animation style of Can You Imagine?

Surprised the animation style was so popular.

So storybook world cartoony CGI and ceremony in traditional hand drawn animation?

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Surprised the animation style was so popular.

So storybook world cartoony CGI and ceremony in traditional hand drawn animation?

Yes, something alone those lines. There will definitely be set pieces that utilize different styles of animation.

Also, I think the cartoony style that Genndy Tartakovsky is known for would fit this story really well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Yes, something alone those lines. There will definitely be set pieces that utilize different styles of animation.

Also, I think the cartoony style that Genndy Tartakovsky is known for would fit this story really well.

Cool. 

Also I bet T-Bot inserts himself into his fanfic during the ending (like most fanfic writers) as the great hero who saves the day in a muscular body and ships himself with Pidge.

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Cool. 

Also I bet T-Bot inserts himself into his fanfic during the ending (like most fanfic writers) as the great hero who saves the day in a muscular body and ships himself with Pidge.

Oh lord no show Pidge some mercy

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Question: Other the score and forgettableness, what were some of Brother Bear. I’m looking for some advice and feedback on what issues to fix. I have an idea of the plot and it’s a bit different than the original.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Question: Other the score and forgettableness, what were some of Brother Bear. I’m looking for some advice and feedback on what issues to fix. I have an idea of the plot and it’s a bit different than the original.

The bear kid is pretty annoying and the tonal shift from being mostly serious in the first act to mostly comedic in the second act back to mostly serious in the final act doesn't entirely gel.

• Like 1