cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

On 6/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, Slambros said:

I'll tag @Blankments@lamamama, and @ChD as well;

But for me, I think writing is going well! I've adopted a run and gun method of writing efficiency, storming through plot summaries as quickly as possible--though that's left two of my plot summaries in need of editing. Going through everything quickly is sometimes not the best way to work, but besides summer school, I'm not really doing much besides this. One would be justified to accuse me of not having a life. :rofl:

I'm currently writing In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, and it's definitely the one that's made me think the most about how I'm going to approach its story.

After I finish it--give or take, a week--it'll be pretty smooth sailing for me, as I'm not writing a big space opera or blockbuster or anything major like that. It'll be editing, Fairly OddParentsBanana Fish, a short documentary, and then... that's pretty much my slate unless I decide to write one or two fillers after that.

Stopped dead as I've been busy finishing my degree before it finished me. I might be able to finish a movie or two with some luck and dedication.

Edit: Considering the deadline is the 5th of August, I'm almost sure I will participate this year.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

And the FGC movie is back on the backburner after today

I just gotta say, I think an FGC film is a great idea, and it would be extremely relevant to today's social climate. All those reports of bad behavior at tournaments make it an important story to tell.

1 hour ago, Slambros said:

I just gotta say, I think an FGC film is a great idea, and it would be extremely relevant to today's social climate. All those reports of bad behavior at tournaments make it an important story to tell.

Bad behaviour is an understatement

On 6/28/2019 at 4:14 PM, Reddroast said:

My last few days have been tough. Just had a panic attack today

I should Go more into this, I just needed some time to get my head straight: so a few weeks ago a friend invited me to go on a trip to d.c. and Florida. On the 26th we bought tickets for the three flights. One problem. I cannot do flying. So that plus I'm worn down from my job search set me over the edge.

Which brings me to CAYOM. The community is awesome but I'm in a rut. Can someone help me set up a writing schedule. I apologize for not letting you all know sooner but I in need of some assistance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I should Go more into this, I just needed some time to get my head straight: so a few weeks ago a friend invited me to go on a trip to d.c. and Florida. On the 26th we bought tickets for the three flights. One problem. I cannot do flying. So that plus I'm worn down from my job search set me over the edge.

Which brings me to CAYOM. The community is awesome but I'm in a rut. Can someone help me set up a writing schedule. I apologize for not letting you all know sooner but I in need of some assistance.

I can help you with a writing schedule!

Looking for actors of Japanese descent:

- A young boy aged 10-13, very energetic and some egotistical 

- A woman around 16-18, she’s stern, very type A and has the air of haughtiness 

- A man around 55-70, the character is very eccentric but very strict simultaneously. Kind of a Jackie Chan like vibe is what I want.

After seeing Midsommar yesterday, I'm inspired to finish that Ari Aster drama OC I've been working on for Year 7.

Won't go into specifics, but what I can say is that it's not going to be a horror movie, but it's still going to be pretty heavy. It's also inspired by There Will Be Blood and Burning, not necessarily in terms of plot but in terms of tone.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Looking for actors of Japanese descent:

- A young boy aged 10-13, very energetic and some egotistical 

- A woman around 16-18, she’s stern, very type A and has the air of haughtiness 

- A man around 55-70, the character is very eccentric but very strict simultaneously. Kind of a Jackie Chan like vibe is what I want.

- Koyu Rankin (Isle of Dogs)

- Mana Ashida (Young Mako in Pacific Rim)

(she is 15)

- Lily Franky (the father in Shoplifters)

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

After seeing Midsommar yesterday, I'm inspired to finish that Ari Aster drama OC I've been working on for Year 7.

Won't go into specifics, but what I can say is that it's not going to be a horror movie, but it's still going to be pretty heavy. It's also inspired by There Will Be Blood and Burning, not necessarily in terms of plot but in terms of tone.

I have Ari Aster down for the director of one of my Y6 films, but I would be more than happy to change the director so that you can use him!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Spent the last week or so doing research on how to improve my writing; mostly quality of life stuff like prose, punctuation, dialogue tags, etc. Helps to do that from time to time.

As for any actual writing? Not much lol

• Like 1