cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

1 hour ago, cookie said:

Well, this didn't happen, but I got pretty far with two films (Zelda and SkyRiders), about 40% done each and I feel more confident with them than I do Scavvies right now (pending Numbers feedback). That's progress, at least.

You will get that tomorrow

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

@cookie I don't remember what you said your future plans for a Haunted Mansion film were but I was curious if you were still planning to use them or not.

I gave the rights up a while ago so if you want it, it's all yours.

Edited by cookie

53 minutes ago, cookie said:

I gave the rights up a while ago so if you want it, it's all yours.

Digging back in the rights thread, it looks like I already claimed the rights. Totally forgot I did too.

This is really telling that we really need to make a new rights thread cause I honestly have no idea what I even have the rights for anymore. :hahaha:

14 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Digging back in the rights thread, it looks like I already claimed the rights. Totally forgot I did too.

This is really telling that we really need to make a new rights thread cause I honestly have no idea what I even have the rights for anymore. :hahaha:

The first post hasn't been updated since January. @Alpha was going to update it, but that hasn't happened.

I might try to update it myself later today.

@4815162342 @Alpha @Blankments @cannastop @Ethan Hunt @The Panda @Reddroast @Rorschach @SLAM! @Spaghetti @Xillix @YourMother the Edgelord

The Y7 advance schedule is now open for submission.

You can submit to me through either Telegram (separate chat, not the main one) or by PM.

The advance schedule is for films you want to release in IMAX only. There will be no second phase.

As decided in the Telegram chat, you are allowed to submit up to three movies for IMAX release. You don't have to submit three movies, but three is the maximum. The $200m sequel rule (automatic 2-week window) applies.

This year also comes with a new priority rule. I'm gonna copy-paste @4815162342's post on it because I don't think I can properly explain it myself:

Players can make a total of 3 IMAX reservations. Any reservations that are sequels to a film that made 200m domestic or more automatically gets locked into its designated 2-week release window. All other submitted reservations must be ranked by order of priority (for example, with no films meeting the 200m criteria you would rank all 3 reservations 1-2-3).

All reservations will be PMed/telegramed to the designated thread-starter. The thread-starter will set up the schedule and will input all reservations by order of priority (200m sequels, then #1s, then #2s, etc). All instances of overridden priority will be noted on the schedule. 

Once the schedule thread is posted, if there are instances of equal priority in terms of two films having the same or overlapping release windows, the IMAX will be split 50/50. If there is an instance of two films of unequal priority having the same or overlapping release window, the player with lower priority can attempt to negotiate a deal with the higher priority player, or can instead elect to move to an open release window.

Also, as later discussed, your $200m sequels take up a spot in the priority list, even if they get first dibs due to the automatic rule. So if you, for example, have two $200m sequels, they take up priority spot 1 and 2 by default, and your third film will be priority 3 also by default.

FORMATTING RULE

Since I'm tasked to handle this year's advance schedule, I request you send your submissions in a specific format. The format is as follows:

Release date — Title of the movie (genre) (director)

You don't have to submit them in the exact font or style, but they have to be submitted in that order. Genre is not mandatory, but director is. Remember to rank them by priority.

Remember that Y7 is based on the 2023 calendar.

If anything else comes up I'll make sure to edit this post.

The advance schedule will be posted this weekend.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3