kayumanggi

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP | 406.0 M overseas ● 622.7 M worldwide

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

antmanandthewasp5b2c3cd17f951-e153064058
Disney

In its 2nd overseas weekend, and with many majors to come, Disney/Marvel’s sequel pricked up its antennae for $35.3M in a total 44 markets. The international box office is now $150.9M for $283.7M globally. Overseas, the Paul Rudd-starrer is tracking 33% bigger than the first movie in like-for-likes and at today’s rates.

India was a new hub for the insects this frame with $3.8M and exceeding the cume of the first movie. The bugs held No. 1s for a 2nd weekend in Australia, Hong Kong, Korea and Singapore. The $100M benchmark has been crossed in Asia-Pacific, without China or Japan yet factoring.

Strong holds this weekend include South Africa (-22%), Venezuela (-29%), Australia (-36%), New Zealand (-36%), Chile (-40%), Sweden (-45%), Bolivia (-45%) and Brazil (-45%).

The Top 5 markets to date are Korea ($34.5M), Mexico ($11.5M), Australia ($9.7M), Russia ($9.4M) and Indonesia ($9M).

Next weekend adds France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland.

• Like 1

Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man And The Wasp grossed $21.6m from 46 territories to reach $188.9m. It opened in France on $4.1m ($4.5m including previews). Leading the way is South Korea on $40.6m, followed by Mexico on $13.5m, Australia $12.1m, Russia $11.3m, Brazil $10.5m, and Indonesia $9.7m. It opens in the UK on August 2.

Source: Screen Daily 

I think 

425M OS (with 130M from China)

213M DOM

638M WW

5 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man And The Wasp grossed $21.6m from 46 territories to reach $188.9m. It opened in France on $4.1m ($4.5m including previews). Leading the way is South Korea on $40.6m, followed by Mexico on $13.5m, Australia $12.1m, Russia $11.3m, Brazil $10.5m, and Indonesia $9.7m. It opens in the UK on August 2.

I think 

425M OS (with 130M from China)

213M DOM

638M WW

That would be a $100M+ increase over the first, pretty nice I think 

Edited by raulbalarezo
  • Like 1

Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man And The Wasp brought in $11.5m from 50 territories for $211.1m and stands at $394.2m worldwide. It opened top in Germany on $2.5m rising to $2.8m including previews, and stands at $42.1m in South Korea, $14.5, in Mexico, and $13.3m in Australia. The superhero saga flies into the UK this week.

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

very good, i say. Those left markets are big,  with china poised to do some big numbers

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

Not too good, the increase over the first looks to be quite weak (might not even make 500M WW-China).

I guess IW did hurt it after all, not to mention it was the 4th SH film in 2 months, with IW, D2 and I2 making like 4B dollars combined.

• Like 1