CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

• Community Manager

I don't understand the "lack of bigness" complaint. There is a lot of bigness in today's blockbusters. What often is lacking is special attention to the little things and the Hollywood moments.

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I don't understand the "lack of bigness" complaint. There is a lot of bigness in today's blockbusters. What often is lacking is special attention to the little things and the Hollywood moments.

"Bigness" means so little. The Dark Knight, Jurassic Park, etc never has a "save the whole world/city" scenario. It's always only a handful of people in danger.

There will be a lot more tension with a few characters we have come to care for being in danger than an entire city of strangers to us being threaten ala Man of Steel or Avengers.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

"Bigness" means so little. The Dark Knight, Jurassic Park, etc never has a "save the whole world/city" scenario. It's always only a handful of people in danger.

There will be a lot more tension with a few characters we have come to care for being in danger than an entire city of strangers to us being threaten ala Man of Steel or Avengers.

JP is fantastic. I'm sure @Jay Hollywood will crucify me here but my favorite shot  in that movie is one of the characters like sitting up and looking at the camera or something like that. It's not an action shot but it works so well. We don't get a lot of those shots of characters just reacting anymore. :(

• Like 1

The Avengers doesn't look big to me. 

The New York Battle looks like a Aliens street biker gangs going wild rather than a world level threat invasion.

Putting it next to Transformers 3's Chicago battle, which is a very similar action consequenc, it looks like a joke.
IMO many people would agree that among modern blockbusters TF movies are the most massive one in term of scale.
DC movies (particularly Man of Steel) are big too.

• Like 2

SM2 has a lot of issues that made SM3 bad but they are enveloped in a lot of goodness.

Melodramatic Parker, bland GG, MJ being an awful gf, and preachy May/Ben dragging the story.

I also don't love the train fight even though the first SM-Ock fight (the bank one I guess) was great.

The train one just dragged on and didn't hold me once it gets to SM trying to stop the train.

The part about folks carrying him and then the kids giving him the mask was corny.

Characters sometimes take themselves too seriously and the peppiness of SM1 is lacking.

1 minute ago, EmeraldWitch said:

The Avengers doesn't look big to me. 

The New York Battle looks like a Aliens street biker gangs going wild rather than a world level threat invasion.

Putting it next to Transformers 3's Chicago battle, which is a very similar action consequenc, it looks like a joke.
IMO many people would agree that among modern blockbusters TF movies are the most massive one in term of scale.
DC movies (particularly Man of Steel) are big too.

YES MOS was epic, Very epic big scale. :D

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 2

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Catching Around $10M+ In Thursday Night Previews

1st Update, Thursday 6:08PM: It’s very early, and these projections are based strictly off of east coast figures, but Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming is looking roughly at a Thursday night that’s around $10M-plus per industry estimates. That number could go higher, and it could go lower, as we have yet to tabulate sales from west coast showtimes which begin at 7PM.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/spider-man-homecoming-box-office-opening-1202124834/

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

JP is fantastic. I'm sure @Jay Hollywood will crucify me here but my favorite shot  in that movie is one of the characters like sitting up and looking at the camera or something like that. It's not an action shot but it works so well. We don't get a lot of those shots of characters just reacting anymore. :(

Is it this caucasian character?

Image result for jurassic park dr grant gif

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 5