CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I hope Black Panther does big business. Ever since I saw Spider-Man on DVD when I was 6, I have hoped and wanted to see a superhero who looks like my skin color in the movies as the main hero. 

I hope you get a vision of what Wakanda could and should be onscreen.  It's the hook I hope they base the movie around - to give you more than the glimpse we got in CW, b/c Wakanda should be amazing to see...

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

We are talking which women came 1st and why - street level is always easier to write...the stakes are easy (these characters can die, they have few powers), the finding of enemies to match them is easy (anyone with a gun), and the supporting characters are easy (since you can friend them with anyone)...and it's always easier to budget gun fights and street-level ninja fights...

Green Lantern was a guy and we already discussed those are easier overall...but when you are picking female supers, is it any wonder that even Avengers started with Black Widow (street level) vs Scarlett Witch (and even with Scarlett Witch, they changed her on-screen powers to make her more doable)...they already had enough "gods" to plan around and didn't want to stuff another one in a plot...

It's also why Elektra got a movie...again, another street-level cheap movie to make...

Catwoman cost 100mil in 2004, how is that a cheap and easy movie to do again? I'll grant you Elektra was a cheap film. Green Lantern has an incredibly silly mythology and powers that can come off as a joke on screen, how is that easier to do than Wonder Woman? And I forgot to mention that it cost over 200mil to make.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean Mission Impossible on the list so it gets a passing grade

You know I've always wonder why you support Mission Impossible, Ethan Hunt? It's almost as if you have something in common with something in the franchise. Like a name. :redcapes:

Edited by YourMother

Some of ya'll in here still disrespecting Spidey. 

SMH :ph34r: when are you guys going to learn that Spidey fever is back and here to stay. 

The fact that some folks really think SMH having Iron Man in it is the reason why it's doing so well. No it's doing well because 1). It's a great movie and 2). The people love Spider-man. Like before there was Iron Man, there was Spidey. And now Spidey has come to reclaim the throne that is rightfully his. 

Bow down ya peasants and put some respect on his name. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I hope Black Panther does big business. Ever since I saw Spider-Man on DVD when I was 6, I have hoped and wanted to see a superhero who looks like my skin color in the movies as the main hero. 

I'm guessing your parents weren't going to let you watch Blade at that age lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Catwoman cost 100mil in 2004, how is that a cheap and easy movie to do again? I'll grant you Elektra was a cheap film. Green Lantern has an incredibly silly mythology and powers that can come off as a joke on screen, how is that easier to do than Wonder Woman?

We are talking why certain female supers movies got made 1st...it's not a risk to make a female super...it's been done before...

It was a risk to choose one that's hard to make a movie arc out of...your point about Green Lantern almost absolutely proves my point.  His disaster of a movie showed its HARD to come up with a good arc for godlike characters...it's MUCH easier and cheaper to do it for street-level ones...

If you still don't get it, I can't help you b/c I'm moving on...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aabattery said:

My stretch goal is 377M so that it becomes the highest grossing film (domestically) from a NZ director.

I'm not gonna hold out too much hope for that one.

I just checked and I have no idea who this dude is. You should be proud that a huge worldwide name like Peter Jackson is the top NZ director.

• Like 1

Just now, AJ2k said:

I'm guessing your parents weren't going to let you watch Blade at that age lol.

That and Blade was made way before I was born.

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

YourMother's Stan list:

- Detroit

- Kingsman 2

- Ninjago 

- mother! (Cause the name and premise alone gets my support)

- God Particle

- Jumanji (maybe)

Black Panther

- Ready Player One

- The Incredibles 2

- Alita Battle Angel

- Spider-Man: The Animated Movie

The Lego Movie Sequel

My stan list:

APES

VAL

ATOMIC B

ANNABELLE

BLADE RUNNER

COCO

2018 (what a yummy year this gonna be...)

PADDINGTON 2

ROBIN HOOD

MEG

READY PLAYER ONE

JW2

INCRED2

DARK PHONENIX

PREDATOR

VENOM (I don't think it's releasing next year though)

GRINCH

WIR2

SM ANIMATED

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

You know I've always wonder why you support Mission Impossible, Ethan Hunt? It's almost as if you have something in common with something in the franchise. Like a name. :redcapes:

Shit. You caught me

• Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

My stan list:

APES

VAL

ATOMIC B

ANNABELLE

BLADE RUNNER

COCO

2018 (what a yummy year this gonna be...)

PADDINGTON 2

ROBIN HOOD

MEG

READY PLAYER ONE

JW2

INCRED2

DARK PHONENIX

PREDATOR

VENOM (I don't think it's releasing next year though)

GRINCH

WIR2

SM ANIMATED

You have good taste.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hardy. His power

I'll stan for Venom if the trailers are dope.

Hardy is great but nah the movie doesn't deserve him

edit: wait I can't stan for it cause it's a CBM, nvm about my first comment

Edited by That One Guy