CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, Chewy said:

All the Transformers movies are just Bay trying to see how far he can push the Paramount execs before they say something to him

He makes Pain and Gain/13 Hours to impress them.  Then he exploits their decentness to gain full creative control on Transformers before he name drops Harriet Tubman and Hitler.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All the Transformers movies are just Bay trying to see how far he can push the Paramount execs before they say something to him

I feel like the Last Knight was the tipping point into absurdity that I could just roll with it.

Like, maybe I was expecting some kind of giant explosions to tide me over with TF1,2,3. Meanwhile 4 just peaked after TJ Miller. But here? I was so long past the point of caring that I was ready to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Ninjago was confirmed for an IMAX release though. I wonder if they dropped it last minute.

Animated films rarely do well in IMAX, The Lego Batman Movie didn't do great in IMAX so I imagine WB and IMAX may have agreed to drop Ninjago in exchange for It or another WB film.

Just now, MrPink said:

I feel like the Last Knight was the tipping point into absurdity that I could just roll with it.

Like, maybe I was expecting some kind of giant explosions to tide me over with TF1,2,3. Meanwhile 4 just peaked after TJ Miller. But here? I was so long past the point of caring that I was ready to go.

4 is sublime start to finish, hyped to eventually see 5

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

If they haven't said anything about this one, they never will. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

It won't be any more of a stretch than SMH making what it does this weekend through the use of Tony Stark in the movie.. RAGNAROK will have the HULK in it and like it or not he's a big draw that hasn't been seen since the end of AOU.. RAGNAROK is going to make HUGE $$$$$ Ethan so get used to it..

How many predictions have you gotten right in the last 15 years? Maybe your brash tone should be softened a little. 

• Like 3

Just now, CJohn said:

If they haven't said anything about this one, they never will. 

"Michael... Harriet Tubman?"

"She's doing great work and ppl are recognizing her more and more, I think. Our movie is helping"

• Like 3

Just now, baumer said:

How many predictions have you gotten right in the last 15 years? Maybe your brash tone should be softened a little. 

He's_right_you_know.jpg

I thought the Nazi building looked familiar. 

Only Bay could cover Winston Churchill's birthplace and also somewhere less than a mile from his burial place with swastikas. 

• Like 2

BKB been posting the same trash before every Marvel/DC movie for 20 years and then crowing like a mad man the 5% of the time he happens to be right. Nothing yall can say will dissuade him

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Maybe not using bold text would help.... 

Just now, grim22 said:

Since it's been 2 weeks, I can say this here in spoiler tags

Hide contents

Grimlock has little baby T-Rex Transformers. How the hell did that even happen?

[/Spoiler[

Spoiler

HE FUCKED A CAR GRIM.

Just now, grim22 said:

Hide contents

[/Spoiler[

LIFE UH FINDS A WAY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

lbr the new transformers is like an hour of absolutely nothing (except that awesomely all-timer dumb megatron scene) before cogs shows up. and then he disappears for the indecipherable third act battle. 

Suicide Squad

but everyone is Slipknot

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Hide contents

[/Spoiler[

Spoiler

When a giant robot dinosaur loves a 2003 Pontiac Aztek very much...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

[/Spoiler[

giphy.gif

• Like 4

honestly i remember seeing transformers 2 and 3 w/ the craziest crowds. people going nuts at everything that really made the experience and probably made me like those movies more.

but honestly? seeing 5 in a crowded screen full of people that were STONE COLD SILENT ABSOLUTELY NO REACTION FOR 2.5 HOURS and people awkwardly shuffling out and not coming back during the last fight was special too. was Max Cady-ing as the only laughter in the cinema during epic cogman scenes.

• Like 5