CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I don't think I'm entirely convinced that Paramount saw The Last Knight, I think they just realized Bay made another one and were like "hey let's stick this in theaters, china will save us anyway."

I am not entirely convinced The Last Knight is a real movie.

Paramount executives didn't watched TF4 either. They just give Bay a deadline and get done with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly i remember seeing transformers 2 and 3 w/ the craziest crowds. people going nuts at everything that really made the experience and probably made me like those movies more.

but honestly? seeing 5 in a crowded screen full of people that were STONE COLD SILENT ABSOLUTELY NO REACTION FOR 2.5 HOURS and people awkwardly shuffling out and not coming back during the last fight was special too. was Max Cady-ing as the only laughter in the cinema during epic cogman scenes.

I'm told by my friend that Jamaican audiences love Transformers and are extremely loud/obnoxious during screenings (Stuff like "MY GOD OPTIMUS PRIME DID YOU SEE THAT? DI MAN SHOOT UP DA ROBOT"), that I'm giving him a hard sell on seeing The Last Knight in an empty theater with me so we can experience true greatness

• Like 3

Just now, MrPink said:

I'm told by my friend that Jamaican audiences love Transformers and are extremely loud/obnoxious during screenings (Stuff like "MY GOD OPTIMUS PRIME DID YOU SEE THAT? DI MAN SHOOT UP DA ROBOT"), that I'm giving him a hard sell on seeing The Last Knight in an empty theater with me so we can experience true greatness

What about Cuban audiences though? They may be the last refuge.

• Like 3

Also lmao my reactions at The Last Knight consisted of unintentional laughter in a theater like 30% full and uneasy murmuring. One person coming out of the theater said it was a "colossal piece of shit" and there were was like a fucking daycare group of kids and I heard like two of them audibly complain about how boring the movie was when I was walking out.  If Bay can't entertain 4 year olds with fighting robots you've fucked up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

What about Cuban audiences though? They may be the last refuge.

Cuba doesn't have enough money or people to make flushing 250 mil down the toilet profitable. That's why China was so important.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Also lmao my reactions at The Last Knight consisted of unintentional laughter in a theater like 30% full and uneasy murmuring. One person coming out of the theater said it was a "colossal piece of shit" and there were was like a fucking daycare group of kids and I heard like two of them audibly complain about how boring the movie was when I was walking out.  If Bay can't entertain 4 year olds with fighting robots you've fucked up

That is what happens when

Spoiler

robots fighting is only the final 30 minutes or so.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Of course, he could've bothered watching the source material instead of thinking that Anthony Hopkins trying to grope women would somehow bring home the bacon.

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

Of course, he could've bothered watching the source material instead of thinking that Anthony Hopkins trying to grope women would somehow bring home the bacon.

Dude no one cares about the source material

we just wanna watch Bay not give a shit and have fun with it

• Like 2

one of the biggest laughs of the movie for me was

Spoiler

seeing optimus frozen in the opening. like yeah, stuff freezes in space. did he not know that? i thought he'd have some tech to stop that sort of thing but i guess not. he probably started freezing like 20 seconds after he flew away at the end of part 4 like "oh shit, i really didn't think this through". honestly, what a dumb motherfucker.

• Like 4

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

ayyyyyy the source material

• Like 1

Bay is done with Transformers. Could tell just watching the movie, he's over this universe. Going back and watching the first one, man, the plot was so...simple. Straight forward. Easy to follow! Compare that to The Last Knight. Sweet baby Jesus.

Which means we can finally get Bad Boys 3! 

Edited by DealWithIt

Just now, DealWithIt said:

Bay is done with Transformers. Could tell just watching the movie, he's over this universe.

Which means we can finally get Bad Boys 3! 

Hooray, maybe he can have Will Smith deliver a 15 minute sermon on how Texas pederasty laws work in that universe too!

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

one of the biggest laughs of the movie for me was

Hide contents

seeing optimus frozen in the opening. like yeah, stuff freezes in space. did he not know that? i thought he'd have some tech to stop that sort of thing but i guess not. he probably started freezing like 20 seconds after he flew away at the end of part 4 like "oh shit, i really didn't think this through". honestly, what a dumb motherfucker.

My favorite moments involve 2 actors who were clearly on set for a day

John Turturro phoning his role in and Tony Hale being all "Science, Bitch!!!" Which makes no sense in the movie

Also, they clearly had a role written for Tyrese before F8 didn't let him make it. There is a black TRF dude next to Duhamel through the entire movie.

• Like 5

Just now, Chewy said:

People getting mad when, like, Transformers and Power Rangers and Jumanji don't stick to the source material

Nostalgia...

Nostalgia is the only reason why a Transformers or Power Rangers movie should exist. God knows why you'd remake Jumanji.

• Like 1

RE Ninjago in IMAX: AMC's post-trailer cards don't have IMAX on them anymore ever since Kingsman moved. Kingsman probably has the majority of IMAXs that weekend and Ninjago gets a select few like Cars and BFG among recent movies.