CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, MrPink said:

On a side note, is Topher Grace pulling out a tire iron to fend off alleged sexual assaulter Casey Affleck the funniest bit in Interstellar?

Sorry pink but we are talking about good movies in this thread

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

It would be nice if our "great source" was actually straight with us, but he knows you people will overreact at the slightest provocation and start swooning like a bunch of Southern belles at the slightest sign of a Spidey "drop".

i think that's enough internet for you tonight

• Like 1

Of all SH movies released in July/August only SS and TDKR have worse falls (40.6 and 40.7) if that 34 number is correct (33% drop). I know SMH might be a little frontloaded but do not think it would be as much as SS and TDKR was. 

If that number is true then I think the weekend will land in the 112-115 range

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, it's the July 8/9 weekend...if you double 8/9, you get 16-18...

Add 34 Spidey tingles and you get 50-52...so WW and Spidey gross = $50-$52M total for Sat...

Did I solve the riddle?  B/c this one is hard!:)

I think the riddle has been solved. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

It would be nice if our "great source" was actually straight with us, but he knows you people will overreact at the slightest provocation and start swooning like a bunch of Southern belles at the slightest sign of a Spidey "drop".

Your attempts at being edgy are already boring. Come up with new material Mr. Bonerland.

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The 34M number isn't surprising. Outside of the Marvel loonies most people find the idea of yet another Spider-Man reboot offensive. 

Oh, fuck, you're back.

Also...offensive? Everything is offensive these days. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk said:

34m doesn't really jive with what I've been seeing from reserved seating throughout the day by me, but it's RTH. Bit shocked to be honest if that is indeed the #

Parking lot at Tysons looked pretty empty to me, cuz.

• Like 1

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

You literally get the "real" number in a few hours tommorrow and you're acting like this is worse than Watergate somehow.

I know right. All these fucks on a box office forum discussing a box office number.

Makes no sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

If you include Lego Batman, it will definitely do it.

A movie like Spiderman:Animated that Sony is coming out with, that I can consider a CBM made using animation as a medium.

Lego Bat just happens to have a satirical SH as the lead.

I feel like I have not done a good job making my case here but it's fairer to leave it as a non-CBM. I wouldn't throw in Incredibles2 either, if it had come this year.

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Especially if you add Valerian and Kingsman too.

Technically maybe but Val happens to have heroic characters like JA does or John Carter does (not hinting at bo prospects). Would leave it out of CBMs.

Kingsman is more Spy-like than CBM (not that spy and CBM cannot overlap).