CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Green Goblin having zero motivation after disintegrating his board is like the best thing about the first movie. Mans just wants to ruin Peter's life, no skybeam required

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

With 117 ow, it would need close to 2.85-2.9x to go over SM3's 336 odd.

Going by Sat think it's tough. 2.6-2.75x with 117-118 gives 304-325

I too believe a 2.7 is likely.  That would be a terrific multiplier for a 37th Spiderman film.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Hi everybody. 

Gathering my thoughts. :) 

The Big Kahuna has arrived.

Image result for the big kahuna is here

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Keep it at that....don't even tread into spoiler territory....I checked and the suit stuff is in the trailer.....but let's just end it there.....there's a Spider-man spoiler thread if you want to get into more detail.

Oh I don't plan on it. I mentioned the suit because I knew for a fact it was in the trailer. 

• Like 1

Just now, XO21 said:

Movie drops to $37m....

..."ah see the movie sucks", "frontladed=flop", "the suit sucks" :sadben:

Yes, hello, welcome to BOT. We'll have cronuts in the morning

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XO21 said:

Movie drops to $37m....

..."ah see the movie sucks", "frontladed=flop", "the suit sucks" :sadben:

I don't think those who like it are now saying it sucks

I do however know there are people who didn't care for it...myself included.

The suit is one of the problems I mentioned last night

Nobody is saying that the movie sucks and it's a flop because of a potential 37 million Saturday. That does show front loading though. Doesn't mean it won't have legs overall but it is front-loaded opening weekend.

• Like 1

'The suit sucks' 

'movie isn't going to have a good multiplier, bc I didn't like it'

'not as fan friendly as Gotg'

These are extreme biased opinions, and they should be disregarded. Movie is one of the best of the mcu. Also has good wom going on. I don't see it having a shitty multiplier. 

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Looks like Deadline is going to double-triple-quadruple check before posting numbers today.

Yeah they didnt post their usual mid day update. Seeing how far they were off yesterday can you imagine the meltdown if they were similarily off today?

Meltdowns would be off the charts if they posted a 30m number in their mid day update

I wonder if they will post an end of the day update or wait till tomorrow morning

Edited by ZeeSoh

10 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I don't think america is in that bad state that people will not see a superhero film with mostly black actors. America is still good.

I hope you are right. Look, it's hard to find somebody with a lower opinion of Trump then I havem but I doubt his  being Pres will have any impact on how Black Panther does

as a movie.

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Because people have different opinions than you. :)

Maguire was awesome

The whole bite and discovery of powers is always fun

Jameson is a blast

MJ is hot and stupendous

I wasn't thrilled with Green Goblin but he works for a first villain

The upside down kiss is iconic

The final battle is excellent

The supporting cast is great

People are allowed to have different opinions. I just want to hear legit reasons that SM1 was one of the best CBMs of all-time.

Maguire was decent and at least likable as Peter Parker. Unfortunately his Spider-man didn't have much of a personality.

The bite and discovery of powers was good but that was all apart of the origin I liked anyway.

Jameson was one of the highlights of the second half of the movie.

MJ was annoying. She's dating Harry, flirting with Peter and lusting after Spider-man but wants Harry to stick up for her when Norman gives his son some good advice to dump her lol. And she got worse in SM2 using Jameson's son and leaving him at the alter. Just an all-around terrible character. I have no idea what Peter saw in her.

Goblin should have worked a whole lot better. The suit design they settled on was terrible and if only they could have gave Spider-man and Goblin the same type of action scenes like Peter vs Harry in SM3.

I never saw what was so special about the upside down kiss. I guess I'm not romantic enough :P

The supporting cast was pretty good. It's too bad the script didn't give them much to work with beyond the origin.

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yeah they didnt post their usual mid day update. Seeing how far they were off yesterday can you imagine the meltdown if they were similarily off today?

Meltdowns would be off the charts if they posted a 30m number in their mid day update

Deadline has been mostly accurate this year, but when they are getting most page views, they pull of a doodoo.

I think they will add 2-3 to whatever the source tells them.