CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

11 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

I also think this is going to be the type of movie with great legs considering the reviews suggest it's damn near the Perfect Summer Blockbuster..

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

A multiplier near identically to GotG will be tough with that much competition...i think Apes will do 75M+ OW, that will affect the second weekend. But i would love to see that!

Think about those numbers in relation to Spider-Man

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

I'll tell ya: I've never had any interest in watching a TRANSFORMERS Movie, mainly because this wasn't part of my generation, but I'd love to know what the audience reaction was to this scene in your Gif?? No one dies from the massive explosion like this is amazing.. :rofl:

Actually the guy at back dies but anyway who cares about humans in Transformers.

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Guys that number DAR posted is the original Spider-Man numbers I don't think we should debate it as a legit prediction lol. It's not gonna perform like it's 2002 (or Wonder Woman). 

I do think it will hit one of those numbers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Homecoming is selling great in Mequon, Menomonee Falls, and Grendale. I think Madison has some solid numbers according to @Hiccup23.

New theater in Greendale I think everything would be selling great there.  ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DAR said:

114 million opening on its way to 403 million

3.5x plus is too much I think, around 140/403 is ok with 2.8x.

I think this will open higher than WW, but the multiplier I don't think it can match WW.

1 minute ago, DAR said:

New theater in Greendale I think everything would be selling great there.  ;)

I'll do a big theater report sometime around 1 to 2 with North Shore, AMC Mayfair, Menomonee, Greendale, and either some combo of South Shore, Majestic or the one in Waukesha.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

The three reasons this will play out like Jurassic World:

1) Mega-popular family film

2) Incredible WOM

3) Franchise BLUE BALLS

135+ m OW

:locked2:

I hope it's $140m, just so we can break out the 

:ohmygod:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

The three reasons this will play out like Jurassic World:

1) Mega-popular family film

2) Incredible WOM

3) Franchise BLUE BALLS

135+ m OW

:locked2:

JW had a longer time to forgive the bad movies in the series.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

I'm going to fit that in on Friday for sure folks!! The "BKB SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING PARKING LOT REPORT.. I'm in the process of working a massive amount of days for my co-worker at the moment(30 days to be exact) and so I'm pretty tired after Week 1 down and 3 more to go, but I'll definitely be there on Friday and Friday is my 51st Birthday so this will work out well.. :hi5:

When are you watching the film? Or did you already watch it?

22 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

I'm going to fit that in on Friday for sure folks!! The "BKB SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING PARKING LOT REPORT.. I'm in the process of working a massive amount of days for my co-worker at the moment(30 days to be exact) and so I'm pretty tired after Week 1 down and 3 more to go, but I'll definitely be there on Friday and Friday is my 51st Birthday so this will work out well.. :hi5:

so 51M Opening day Friday :D

• Like 1

I might try to fit in a rewatch of the Raimi movies Saturday morning before I see this. There's something intangible about those movies I can't put a finger on. They feel like BLOCKBUSTERS. The tone, the music, the style all blend together to create an epic, truly blockbuster cinematic experience. I can't explain in words why, but they just feel bigger than movies do today. The way they create a universe and stakes combined with how they were shot to feel like the biggest thing you'd see on screen in years. That's my problem with the MCU, DCU, SWU, XU, etc...even at their very best, they feel kind of like high-end TV episodes instead of large-scale blockbusters, despite their budgets. This is probably the biggest compliment I'd pay Wonder Woman, for what it's worth. 

• Like 10