CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

I know Sony have been talking about Venom etc, but are these movies actually official? 

After the reaction and inevitable massive success of Homecoming, wouldn't they be wiser to just let Marvel make all these movies now? They've got the fans back on board, so surely patience is key and to keep this partnership going?

Audiences are savvy enough to know when they're seeing an MCU film and when they're not now. It's hundreds of millions of dollars of box office difference potentially per movie. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Heck 50 Shades Darker had more Trailer views than The Force Awakens. Trailer views do lie.

They're pretty indicative when you adjust them for genre and audience demographics. 

Just like one interprets previews numbers differently for an animated movie, SH film, horror film, drama etc

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

I'm just enjoying such a great score before the next Rotten Review (probably Armond White)!

GzQtzpg.png

:sparta:

I don't think it'll be arsemond white. Kyle smith and white switch off reviewing movies for National Review. Smith already posted his for the website. I'm guessing it'll be Anthony Lane.

To give the Devil his due, YT trailer views don't come just from the US alone, and The Mummy has done over 370M WW. Ditto for Fifty Shades Darker.

That being said... c'mon Han, do POWER RANGERS and MAX STEEL tell you anything? :redcapes:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Just now, TalismanRing said:

They're pretty indicative when you adjust them for genre and audience demographics. 

Just like one interprets previews numbers differently for an animated movie, SH film, horror film, drama etc

Yeah SW has an enormous older audience that isn't really the demos to watch a ton of trailers on YouTube. We saw the same thing with RO having lower trailer views than it's gross would suggest.

Personally I think the movie is a lock for over 130 million plus but I do see that July is different from earlier in the year so I don't compare those Late Show multipliers to this one. I think you can compare it to Wonder Woman because they both were released in the summer.

I don't compare summer movies to movies that came out in spring and winter because movies just run differently in the summer. It's why that Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 comparison to Wonder Woman drove me insane. It was not a good movie to compare it to no matter their similar opening weekends because they weren't released during the same time of year. Also one was a third sequel and the other one wasn't. Just a terrible comparison.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think maybe he accidentally posted something because that doesn't make any sense. Everybody knows Despicable Me 3 has no chance of getting over 300+mil.

Pretty sure he meant globally.

DM3 will safely be above WONDR.

POTC5 is looking at 780+ so all CBMs will beat it. Even WONDR.

So if not for DM3, the three CBMs would have been top 3 movies globally this summer:

DM3/SM6/GOTG2 - top 3 in any order

WONDR - 4th

POTC5 - 5th

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, baumer said:

Since there has been an overwhelming response to the contest, I'll make it top two closest gets a gold account for a month.

@Biggestgeekever 53.8

@cannastop 49.63

@Brainbug 46.234

@Finnick 48.5

@franfar 45.0

@Mrglass2 58.0

75live:  129.3 (obviously thought it was for OW)

greyghost:  65.9

Dman7:  70.0

Nova:  45.6

bladels:  51.3

The Stun:  104.7 (thought it was OW)

Rman823:  48.7

BKB:  145-150....not a qualifying prediction even if it was for OW

Keanu:  45.967

Dar:  46.8

eddyxx:  55.0

Gambitpool:  53.4

Yourmother:  42.25

druv10:  55.6

Wrathofhan:  42.0

Panda:  39.874

CoolEric:  46.83

TheDarkAlfred:  41.318

TheFastand Furiosa:  .$40.2

ViceVersa:  57.19

DeeCee:  58.0

Fancyarcher:  44.0

aabattery:  57.69

MikeQ:  46.0

KeepItU25071906:  43.0

damnitgeorge08 :  46.0

Wrath:  43.0

Gokaired:  51.58

Zakiyyah6 : 46.5

FlashMaster659 :  47.6

Blankments:  42.124

jb007:  48.8

Zeesoh:  45.6

fmpro:  127.7 (weekend prediction)

Matrix4you:  50.01

damienroc:  43.33

jj99:  46.5

marekthejedi:  129 (weekend prediction)

Subzero:  51.0

Here are all the predictions.  To those of you who sent weekend predictions, I apologize but this is for the opening day.  Fear not, there will more opportunities in the coming weeks.  

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR PREDICTION HERE, IT MEANS I DID NOT GET IT BY PM....IF YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL PM OR YOU CAN FIND YOUR POST IN HERE, SEND IT TO ME AND I WILL COUNT IT....BUT IT HAS TO BE AN ORIGINAL POST OR YOUR ORIGINAL PM

Good luck to all of you !

Baumer I have $51M OD somewhere on page 6 of this board, but I don't want to win (so if you want, you can track me with no prize:)...

"$131M Predict...and I don't care how unlikely it is...b/c nothing is unlikely with the Tomato Law at your back:)...(not gonna PM b/c I'd rather a teen get the account even if I'm right...and I actually hope I'm wrong and it's even higher:)...

EDIT: Okay...I guess I'll post opening day, too:)...$51M for OD of Thursday previews + Friday:)...

Edited  by TwoMisfits"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LonePirate said:

Who would have guessed that Derek from Back to School would star in so many nine figure openings?

Or one of the bully characters from Weird Science, lol. RDJ certainly has come a long way over the years. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Baumer I have $51M OD somewhere on page 6 of this board, but I don't want to win (so if you want, you can track me with no prize:)...

"$131M Predict...and I don't care how unlikely it is...b/c nothing is unlikely with the Tomato Law at your back:)...(not gonna PM b/c I'd rather a teen get the account even if I'm right...and I actually hope I'm wrong and it's even higher:)...

EDIT: Okay...I guess I'll post opening day, too:)...$51M for OD of Thursday previews + Friday:)...

Why would you not want to win?

If you find me the original post, I will count it.

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Or one of the bully characters from Weird Science, lol. RDJ certainly has come a long way over the years. 

What'll you have?

Gimme a scotch

Straight up or on the rocks?

Give me the whole bottle.

Why dont you bend over and Ill shove it straight up your ass.

Yes, RDJ has come a long way.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Why would you not want to win?

If you find me the original post, I will count it.

It's on page 6...but I'd rather teens get the prize:)...I'd just like to nail all 3 supers for the summer, so my icon isn't a joke:)...

• Like 2