CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

They were a lie, no one's taking that away from them, but I do feel like they are treated as big ass flops by some, and in all fairness, they weren't. 50SD actually had better legs and DOM total than I ever thought possible; and reading DHD would make you believe that The Mummy was a phenomenal failure, when in reality, its number ain't that shabby.

Imo, Power Rangers and Max Steel are the best examples of trailer views being a giant bowl of fake news (off the top of my head, at least), and PR still opened to 40M+ DOM.

Power Rangers has to have the most overpraised opening weekend that I have ever seen. I mean you think it opened with 100 million the way people talk about it. And it's International numbers were non-existent.

17 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Homecoming if it does $400M+ domestic it could have a chance for $1B.

It may not even need to hit 400m for a chance. Overseas its looking real good with its early numbers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Who'd thunk Wonder Woman would outgross both Transformers and Pirates this time last year!

Maybe @TwoMisfits but I don't even she was that clairvoyant....at least not for the World Wide numbers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

when GOTG 2, WW and SMH are declaring their tri-victory over the summer 2017.

Image result for palpatine speech GIF

Summer 2017: Where Comic Book Movies Make All the Money While Tired Franchises and Wannabe Franchises and Comedies Without Laughs Flop.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Summer 2017: Where Comic Book Movies Make All the Money While Tired Franchises and Wannabe Franchises and Comedies Without Laughs Flop.

hope this is sarcastic as DM3 is making 900m. 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

He was called one of the greatest actors of his generation.  I still think he should of at least been nominated for Less Than Zero.  And then, like his character in LTZ, he just bottomed out with booze and drugs.  So yep, the comeback was epic.

RDJ is terrific in LTZ and one of the best things about that film. He always considered a promising young actor even before his downfall at the time. Not surprised he eventually got back on his feet, and became very successful as a result. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Stardom was destined from his first scene as a pound puppy

Even his dad, director Robert Downey Sr., knew his son had potential as a performer. Lol!

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

True but domestically it's gonna fall well behind the previous movies including the first.

But that's why they release it in about 100 other markets, besides just the US/Can. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

so this is how other transformers died, with thunder applause....... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

RDJ is terrific in LTZ and one of the best things about that film. He always considered a promising young actor even before his downfall at the time. Not surprised he eventually got back on his feet, and became very successful as a result. 

Kinda ironic how that film mirrored his life at the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Maybe @TwoMisfits but I don't even she was that clairvoyant....at least not for the WW numbers.

I said it'd squeak by GOTG 2 wherever it ended up:)...GOTG 2 kept going higher, so did she:)...

Back on May 23 on Tele's thread:)...

"Ohhh, man, I'm such a cheerleader for this movie, and now I gotta be OUT of 2 clubs for it...sigh...

Gotta stick to my "squeaking above GoTG" plan...since that movie is looking at $370Mish, squeaking by it won't get this movie over $403M...it could be close, but not close enough I can join the club:)..."

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I said it'd squeak by GOTG 2 wherever it ended up:)...GOTG 2 kept going higher, so did she:)...

Back on May 23 on Tele's thread:)...

"Ohhh, man, I'm such a cheerleader for this movie, and now I gotta be OUT of 2 clubs for it...sigh...

Gotta stick to my "squeaking above GoTG" plan...since that movie is looking at $370Mish, squeaking by it won't get this movie over $403M...it could be close, but not close enough I can join the club:)..."

Yes, but did you think WW would make more than potc5 nad trf5 world wide?  

• Like 2

Just now, baumer said:

Yes, but did you think WW would make more than potc5 nad trf5 world wide?  

I don't really predict WW, except to know that 1st version movies usually do worse than sequels...

My wheelhouse is domestic, b/c I know and live domestic...predict what you know:)...

• Like 1