CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

VINDICATED 

I AM SELFISH

I AM WRONG

I AM RIGHT, I SWEAR I AM RIGHT

SWEAR I KNEW IT ALL ALONG 

AND I AM FLAWED 

BUT I AM CLEANING UP SO WELL

I AM SEEING IN ME NOW THE THINGS YOU SWORE YOU SAW YOURSELF 

Such great and powerful lyrics that are missing from music these days :ph34r:

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I still listen to Spidey 2's soundtrack. It's dorky and corny as all hell but endearingly so. The power of childhood I guess. Same deal with the soundtrack of the first Transformers, except in that case, unlike with SM2, I'm cool with never seeing the movie again. 

No judgement here. Buble can do no wrong in my opinion

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i actually saw that musical! $120 ticket and there was no swinging because of an accident the night before. it was.... unfortunate.

That is why it is titled turn off the dark. Because they turned on the dark n a SPidey swung too far and flew out window and landed in and got smothered in Donald Trump's hair. So they called it "Turn off te dark" to remind crew to keep lights on

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Rosemary Harris performance in the Spider-Man films is low-key one of the best in the genre. Always get a little misty-eyed in her big scenes. 

wfEfktMH8cRCqalvwRmvckY1o=

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

That is why it is titled turn off the dark. Because they turned on the dark n a SPidey swung too far and flew out window and landed in and got smothered in Donald Trump's hair. So they called it "Turn off te dark" to remind crew to keep lights on

I'm sorry, but what the fuck?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Doctor Strange isn't bad nor is it the worst comic book movie ever made especially when films like Fantatsic Four and Suicide Squad exist.

BUT for how critics and some folks talked about it, the film itself is just overrated (imo) and extremely forgettable. And then when you compare it to other MCU films....well yea then it might just be the worst of them all. The movie is just there. There's nothing to it. 

You're really obsessed with Doctor Strange's good reception.

Is it so difficult to accept that you are in a minority? So do you have to say every time the movie is "OVERRATED"? 

Cinemascore A; RT: 90% (Average Rating: 7.3 / 10), IMDB 7.6. Critics, general audiences, fans, almost everyone is "Overrating" Doctor Strange, except you and some folks, I guess.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

...topical?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Oh come on people! You know would like Spidey better with manly man sountrack of Iron Maiden or Manowar and not that woman with scratchy throat disease from Spidey 1!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SpiritComix said:

You're really obsessed with Doctor Strange's good reception.

Is it so difficult to accept that you are in a minority? So do you have to say every time the movie is "OVERRATED"? 

Cinemascore A; RT: 90% (Average Rating: 7.3 / 10), IMDB 7.6. Critics, general audiences, fans, almost everyone is "Overrating" Doctor Strange, except you and some folks, I guess.

giphy.gif

The point of being able to say that something is overrated is that everyone else loved or raved about it but then when you experienced it, you didn't think/feel the same way. 

Or do you not understand the meaning of overrated? If other folks didn't love it then the film can't be overrated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

The point of being able to say that something is overrated is that everyone else loved or raved about it but then when you experienced it, you didn't think/feel the same way. 

Or do you not understand the meaning of overrated? If other folks didn't love it then the film can't be overrated. 

The concept of "overrated" and "underrrated"  are usually kinda dumb. But the real point is you and some folks every time saying again "Doctor Strange is overrated", everytime. Get over it.

And man, some guys here calling "Doctor Strange is one of the worst superhero movies of all time", never saw something like that outside of BOT

• Like 1

Just now, SpiritComix said:

The concept of "overrated" and "underrrated"  are usually kinda dumb. But the real point is you and some folks every time saying again "Doctor Strange is overrated", everytime. Get over it.

And man, some guys here calling "Doctor Strange is one of the worst superhero movies of all time", never saw something like that outside of BOT

People are allowed to not like the movie, my man.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Never! I am a great person who brings true intellectual debate to the masses!

you're like the dril of BOT basically.

• Like 3