CAYOM 3.0 Year 1 (2017) Discussion Thread

18 hours ago, BastienGiot said:

That's such a pain to write in english for me lmao. I don't even know if what I'm writing is understable or enjoyable to read... Can you give me advice from the summary of Runaway ?

Never thought about this before for our non-English players. 

I read it and it is totally understandable. I won't know from reading it English isn't your primary language. 

• Like 1

I'm noticing even my plot summaries for my fillers are pretty long... all I have left to finish are tentpoles but regardless I'm gonna try condensing more. Don't want people to get bored working through my stuff.

Also, for convenience's sake, for those looking to place their filler:

The only weekend with no new releases currently scheduled at all is November 10-12, which is also Veteran's Day weekend (albeit not a four-day weekend in most states). 

Weekends that have "new releases" in the form of preceding mid-week releases but nothing coming out on Friday include November 24-26 (the weekend after Thanksgiving) and December 29-31 (New Year's weekend).

The holiday/long weekends with only one new release are April 14-16 (Easter weekend), May 12-14 (Mother's Day weekend), and September 1-3 (Labor Day weekend). Additionally, February 17-19 (President's Day weekend) has one preceding midweek release for Valentine's Day, but only one new release that Friday.

As for what you may want to avoid (but certainly don't have to), the weekends with two or more films already scheduled and completed include January 27-29June 30-July 2August 4-6, and October 27-29.

Edited by Xillix
  • Like 1

So I was thinking. For realism's sake it'd be nice to have more frequent IMAX releases, especially if we're going to take into account the effect that presentation can have on box office (which admittedly is small-ish, but still). Last year in the US and Canada there were 30 non-documentary IMAX releases, and right now we've got 7. We don't need to actually hit 30 but 20 or so would be nice. The catch being it should be limited to one per weekend since it's very rare for IMAX to share screens. 

Obviously this is all voluntary but just thought I'd plant the seed in people's minds. Don't be hesitant to add it to your tentpoles or even action/spectacle type fillers in slow months.

As much as I love 3D I'm not gonna push that because I know a lot of people around here would sell their firstborn to avoid that format :P

1 hour ago, lamamama said:

@Xillix what you had to say about Legend of Shed is hilarious its actually Egyptian for the savior

Ah okay, cool. Didn't know that but I figured there had to be some reason, heh. So is it a superhero flick in ancient Egypt?

And to be clear that was all totally in-character, none of the slights or insights reflect my personal opinions ;)

2 hours ago, Xillix said:

Ah okay, cool. Didn't know that but I figured there had to be some reason, heh. So is it a superhero flick in ancient Egypt?

And to be clear that was all totally in-character, none of the slights or insights reflect my personal opinions ;)

I figured it was a character 

15 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

Replace Guardians with Hidden World. Updated by post so just go there for more info

There's no rule against it, and actually it's kind of amusing, but I should probably let you know you've just scheduled Hidden World a month before another movie called The Second Dimension: Hidden World.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bastien said:

WTF!

They are apparently making a TV Show based on Harry Quebert Affair, the book I choose to make a movie on released in 09/Y1 !

The craziest thing is that apparently Ryan Gosling is going to have the lead... Just like in my version!

The @Blankments effect strikes again.

21 minutes ago, Bastien said:

Wut ?

Several films/casting choices Blanks made in 2.0 would then happen IRL, like a live-action Beauty and the Beast remake or Christoph Waltz being cast as Blofeld. I myself did a DuckTales movie back in 2014 and the 2017 remake would be announced a few months later.

• Like 1

Okay guys, the last day for submissions is now two weeks away! We're in decent shape but there are still holes to be filled. I've updated the Part I thread's schedule to mark films that have already been completed. Here are the holes that still need filling in order to proceed to Part II on time:

The weekend of February 17-19 still needs one more completed film as it is a holiday weekend. Currently scheduled and complete is Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills. Currently scheduled but incomplete is Forbidden Love, which is set to open midweek on Tuesday, February 14 for Valentine's Day.

The weekend of March 17-19 still needs a completed film. Currently scheduled but incomplete are The Adventures of Oscar Pill and Flower Eyes and Needle Teeth.

The weekend of March 31 – April 2 still needs a completed film. Currently scheduled but incomplete are Rabbids: The Big Adventure and Timed Out.

The weekend of April 21-23 still needs a completed film. Currently scheduled but incomplete are Endurance and Fly.

The weekend of May 5-7 still needs a completed film. Currently scheduled but incomplete is Portal.

The weekend of May 26-28 still needs two completed films as it is a holiday weekend. Currently scheduled but incomplete are Legend of Shed and The Shadow Entities.

The weekend of June 16-18 still needs a completed film. Currently scheduled but incomplete are Love Lies Bleeding and the wide expansion of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Technically it's a holiday weekend but it's such a minor holiday (Father's Day) that one film might be acceptable.

The weekend of July 21-23 still needs a completed film. Currently scheduled but incomplete are Code and Sonic the Hedgehog.

The weekend of August 11-13 still needs a completed film. Currently scheduled but incomplete are Guy Ground and Slaughterhouse-Five.

The weekend of September 8-10 still needs a completed film. Currently scheduled but incomplete is 1999.

The weekend of October 20-22 still needs a completed film. Currently scheduled but incomplete are Amnesia and Life Is Strange.

The weekend of November 24-26 still needs two completed films as it is a holiday weekend. Currently scheduled but incomplete are the limited release of Amava, Super Mario Bros, and Untitled Christmas Comedy, all of which are scheduled to open midweek on Wednesday, November 22 for the day before Thanksgiving.

The weekend of December 8-10 still needs a completed wide release film. Currently scheduled and complete is the limited release of Faces & Voices: The True Story of Milli Vanilli. Currently scheduled but incomplete are Cold-Blooded and The Second Dimension: Hidden World.

If you know you won't be able to complete a film on time, especially on one of these dates, it might be helpful to post here and say so so that others can move movies onto that date or create fillers there. Remember - you can always push an unfinished film into Year 2, but we'll never get to Year 2 if we hold the current year back forever waiting!

@cookie @Hiccup23 @Bastien @Rorschach @4815162342 @Alpha @Hiccup21 @ChD @lamamama @That Floating Guy @Ethan Hunt @Electric @Blankments

• Like 1