That One Girl

D23 Expo 2017 | July 14-16 | It is over. Disney is bankrupt. RIP

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I'm mostly hoping that they announce Phase 4 somehow (probably unlikely, but I can hope), only because I'm interested in seeing how it'll play out with most of the main cast about to be gone.

I don't want them to announce Phase 4 until after Infinity War.

• Like 2

In either this or Comic Con, I can see them dating Guardians 3 and Strange 2 but that's about it. And maybe the Avenger who'll be in SMHC2.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cookie said:

I don't think another land at Animal Kingdom is happening so soon after Pandora with a Hollywood Studios overhaul already in progress and a widely rumored Epcot overhaul being the next on the list.

Is Star Wars land going to Hollywood studios. 

SW:TLJ is going to show something, very likely BTS. Rian Johnson is attending. There's a possibility of announcing the next spin-off cause KK said that they will know end of June which one of 2 options they want to pursue. 

There's strong possibility for Black Panther trailer and exclusives about Infinity, Thor 3 and Ant Man (footage, teasers, trailers, other). They could also announce BW solo cause Scar-Jo has taken a huge boxoffice hit, so they can get her for cheaper now. She needs BW movie more than they do, to recover from epic 2017 floppage. Studios always take that advantage when stars are desperate. 

So very exciting weekend is ahead of us! :)

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, cannastop said:

Aren't they going to search for phones before they have the presentations? Doesn't that mean we'll have to wait for the events to be over before we have any information?

No. Phones are always allowed in the rooms, but if exclusive footage is being shown, cameras will be put away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Aren't they going to search for phones before they have the presentations? Doesn't that mean we'll have to wait for the events to be over before we have any information?

Comingsoon did a livestream in 2015.

• Like 1

It would suck if they showed footage only for the audience. Like when they showed RO trailer that never got out online. They released BTS, though, and that one was really good. I'm sure that marvel will release stuff online but not sure about SW cause they are so mystery driven. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

It would suck if they showed footage only for the audience. Like when they showed RO trailer that never got out online. They released BTS, though, and that one was really good. I'm sure that marvel will release stuff online but not sure about SW cause they are so mystery driven. :rolleyes:

I don't think Marvel will release that much stuff online. I remember last time they showed a Civil War trailer that never got online (at least not officially).

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I don't think Marvel will release that much stuff online. I remember last time they showed a Civil War trailer that never got online (at least not officially).

really? OK. But I think they'll show BP stuff at least. EW preview kind of gives me the vibe that something big is up. Hopefully something from AM&W, maybe a snippet of Wasp in action? 

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

really? OK. But I think they'll show BP stuff at least. EW preview kind of gives me the vibe that something big is up. Hopefully something from AM&W, maybe a snippet of Wasp in action? 

Maybe. I wouldn't expect a new Black Panther trailer so soon. I feel like some IW footage is gonna be their moneyshot this time around. Maybe they'll premiere a new Ragnarok trailer. Whatever happens, I think the most we'll get is some concept art. They like hiding their footage. Plus it means they can reuse stuff for ComicCon.

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Maybe. I wouldn't expect a new Black Panther trailer so soon. I feel like some IW footage is gonna be their moneyshot this time around. Maybe they'll premiere a new Ragnarok trailer. Whatever happens, I think the most we'll get is some concept art. They like hiding their footage. Plus it means they can reuse stuff for ComicCon.

I see. better keep expectations in check. :)

I'm most interested in SW cause they didn't show much first time around, and there are still no stills. I'm wodnering when EW, Empire, etc will have SW covers out. probably nothing before fall. 

It should be noted D23 isn't really used as a place to launch trailers or footage. To my knowledge, Wrinkle in Time is the only time a trailer launched during the expo to the general public. But I'm sure we'll get a lot of livetweets and liveblogs describing any footage or concept art, so that's at least something.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

It should be noted D23 isn't really used as a place to launch trailers or footage. To my knowledge, Wrinkle in Time is the only time a trailer launched during the expo to the general public. But I'm sure we'll get a lot of livetweets and liveblogs describing any footage or concept art, so that's at least something.

I agree with this. What I mostly remember from D23 are Disney schedule and Marvel Phases announcements. No footage, etc. 

23 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

They do show some footage but they don't make it public.

Sorry, that what I meant too. We get descriptions but no online release (unlike schedule announcements). 

I hate that because descriptions depend on who prefers what so attention and memory go there. One cannot remember everything. 

• Saturday, the Walt Disney Studios presents their Live-Action Films Presentation. “You might see something pretty interesting from us during the panel,” said Andi.

Sounds like at least a sizzle real with the footage for several anticipated movies. That they won't release online.