Neo

Chaos Walking | Doug Liman | Tom Holland, Daisy Ridley | Lionsgate | RELEASE DATE: March 5, 2021

11 minutes ago, Slambros said:

At this point... just release the film. You're burning money trying to save a film that would've been better off having a distinct creative vision acting as its beating heart. The nerve of these executives...

Executives?  Re-shoots and running over time and budget is the Liman way - chaos is his distinct creative calling card.  Sometimes it works in the end, sometimes it doesn't.

• Like 2

This movie is in production hell cause someone believed paid critics that these books are actually good. I'm so not surprised that they don't know wtf to do and are even resorting to calling in one of the worst writers to fix it. what's next, Lindelof?

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

This movie is in production hell cause someone believed paid critics that these books are actually good. I'm so not surprised that they don't know wtf to do and are even resorting to calling in one of the worst writers to fix it. what's next, Lindelof?

Considering Lindelof made one of the best shows of the last decade, that wouldn't really be bad at all.

• Like 1

this movie needs to die. actors are 27 and 22 respectively, playing characters written as 14 years olds in the book. the movie won't come out for another year, so one of them will be almost 30. I'm sorry that actors got stuck with this shit but, yeah, just burn the thing with fire and let the actors get better opportunities.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:32 PM, Slambros said:

At this point... just release the film. You're burning money trying to save a film that would've been better off having a distinct creative vision acting as its beating heart. The nerve of these executives...

Yeah, the nerve of those executives, wanting to keep an eye on how their stockholders money is spent...

And it's not like we are talking about some  unique artistic project here...it another of an endless series of adaptations of a YA Dystopian future  novel..a genre, that IMHO has been exposed to death over the past few years. Unless this one turns out to be really good, I will give it a pass. The whole genre has become a mass of clichés.

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Doug Liman is an experienced director. I doubt he would make an "unreleasable" disaster.

I'm surprised it even took this long for an opportunist to claim to have heard it was a disaster. This movie was such an easy target.

with the good reason. shitty book and completely miscast actors. even skilled director couldn't perform miracle every time. 

this always had a whiff of a cash grab. hey, lets cast two big franchise leads, even if they completely miss the mark,  and try to turn in a quick buck on Hunger Games nostalgia. Flop city.

people didn't believe me that Mortal Engines would flop when I said books were hot garbage. this YA series is too. I don't know WTF attracted Liman to this or PJ to ME.

Edited by Valonqar