Neo

Chaos Walking | Doug Liman | Tom Holland, Daisy Ridley | Lionsgate | RELEASE DATE: March 5, 2021

Reshoots in 4 different countries? That sounds pretty extensive!! Are they reshooting the whole damn movie?

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

So what gets released first, this or New Mutants? Place your bets! 

Now you're making me sad.

I wish we'd hear something about New Mutants reshoots.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this is his apocalypse now.

Francis Ford Coppola merely adopted the chaos. Liman was born in it. Molded by it. He didn't see a smooth film production till he was a man, and by then it was nothing to him but blinding.

• Like 1

Chaos Walking is a disaster.

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2019/09/not-on-he-radar/

A director-writer friend says “the upcoming epic failure of Chaos Walking could sink Lionsgate, which is why they’ve pushed it off until 2020. After poor test screenings and reshoots last April, Lionsgate is now contemplating selling it to a streaming service as a four-hour miniseries to try to maximize the sale price versus just a two-hour movie. The latest reshoots haven’t helped and they’ve invested way too much in this thing.”

My interest in this is akin to watching a car burning on the side of the road.

Wouldn't Lionsgate as usual have  pre-sold Foreign rights?   That should mitigate a lot of damage.  It's almost impossible to believe they'd be foolish enough to finance re-shoots so expensive they'd undermine their own business model to the extent one movie could sink them.  (or even hire the risky Liman in the first place)

5 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

how reliable are those reports? a movie turned into a mini-series would be interesting... 

Tarantino done it with Hateful 8 on Netflix and reportedly wants to do the same with OUATIH

Though if the movie is a turkey I don't see why a streamer would pay more for it just b/c they stretched it out to 4 hours.  If making it  a miniseries made it better, that's different.

• Thanks 1