CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

4 hours ago, VENOM said:

MV5BOTg4ZTNkZmUtMzNlZi00YmFjLTk1MmUtNWQw

And whoever designed this poster deserves a raise, it’s one of the best movie posters I’ve ever seen.

The woman in the centre, is that Margot Robbie?
I hate it when the same character is on a poster twice. Cardinal sin of movie posters.

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I hate it when the same character is on a poster twice. Cardinal sin of movie posters.

I think they're all on the poster twice.

I like the bottom half of the poster more than the floating head top but they're there to sell tickets - so understandable.

I miss hand drawn posters

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think they're all on the poster twice.

I like the bottom half of the poster more than the floating head top but they're there to sell tickets - so understandable.

I miss hand drawn posters

Oh right. Hard to tell from small image which ones are who.

Hand drawn posters are wonderful.

31 minutes ago, Avatree said:

This is the first and probably last time I’ll see anyone complain about seeing Margot Robbie twice in a poster 

8 minutes ago, VENOM said:

This is the first and probably last time I’ll see anyone complain about seeing Margot Robbie twice in a poster 

are you suggesting that you find hand drawn images of women arousing?

22 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Margot was such a strange casting choice for that movie, her entire character arc is about how ugly she is, and you just keep thinking 'youre one of the best looking people on the planet, shut up'

So you agree she’s gorgeous? Ok I was a bit worried there..

I just watched it and what a pointless 160 minutes. Literally. Nothing of note happens for the entire runtime except the random ending. I heard this was a movie about Manson Murders, well if I hadn't been told that before, I wouldn't have been able to tell. What was Margot Robbie doing in the film? So much screentime and yet nothing happens except she says hi to Leo and then movie ends...?

Maybe movie makes more sense if you know more context of characters and story but I was just confused for the whole thing pretty much - didn't see the point of anything.

I don't mind films where nothing happens but this just did not hold my attention and i was super bored. Brad Pitt was quite good.

I was SO close to walking out near the start when there's some lines about how amazingly terrific Roman Polanski is.

Characters don't talk or behave like human beings, just like thoughts in Tarantinos head. Lots and lots of scenes and shots which were unnecessary and added no value. Scenes of watching TV, I don't want to fuckin watch TV when i go to the cinema!

Also all the foot fetish stuff I ve seen in memes online, thought it was all overexaggerated. Nope.

And some really awful shots where the camera just stares at someone's arse. No thanks

Movie needs a Not Cool react.

Edited by Avatree
  • Knock It Off 2

https://deadline.com/2019/09/once-upon-time-hollywood-china-release-quentin-tarantino-1202742406/

Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is slated to get a China release on October 25, we have confirmed.

China’s Bona Film Group was a co-investor in the title, which has taken more than $300M global for Sony after debuting at Cannes.

Tarantino’s Django Unchained secured China distribution in 2013 but the movie was pulled shortly after release due to “technical reasons”. It is widely understood that authorities took issue with the film’s content, including nudity and violence. A heavily re-edited version was subsequently released but to little box office success.

It is unclear at this stage how much, if any, of Once Upon A Time In Hollywood has been cut for the China release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1