CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

We really need a 'Dislike' option. Awful post.

I like Margot Robbie a lot.....but I agree. The post in question is terrible.

Irony is the poster in question treats Robbie as a sex object, when it's clear she wants to be taken seriously as an actress.

That is often aproblem with actresss who are drop dead gorgeous: no matter how talented they are...and Robbie has shown herself to be a very talented actress...they often find it hard to be taken seriously as an actress.

It just hit me that a major reason for changing the release date from August 9th is that it finally occurred to them that opening this film on the 50th Anniverdary of the Tate/LaBiance murders was not exactly a brilliant move. If you want this to be taken seriously as a film that was just a bad choice, the controversy would have overshadowed the film.

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Irony is the poster in question treats Robbie as a sex object, when it's clear she wants to be taken seriously as an actress.

That is often aproblem with actresss who are drop dead gorgeous: no matter how talented they are...and Robbie has shown herself to be a very talented actress...they often find it hard to be taken seriously as an actress.

Lmfao...lighten up for chrissake. 

She's my favorite actress and not for her looks. I was just admiring the photo with a joke. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

People can call someone "their queen" and not intend for it to be taken sexually.  Lighten up a bit.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Knock It Off 1

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

lol margot robbie is a sex object who is also a talented actor. you dont take a role like wolf of wall street then expect not to be seen as a sex object. she gets naked and looks fabulous, flaunts it confidently so sorry but she has earned the right to be a sex object. its actually silly and sexist to assume you cant be taken seriously if seen as a sex object. she is basically the fenale equivalant of Brad Pitt only she has more talent

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

41 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Margott Robbie is Hollywood's redemption for how it treated Charlize Theron.Theron deserved a much bigger career.

Charlize was never going to be bigger cause she isn't likable. She has Fassbender's frosty screen presence that GA doesn't like. They gravitate toward warm types. 

• Knock It Off 5

8 hours ago, Jessie said:

lol margot robbie is a sex object who is also a talented actor. you dont take a role like wolf of wall street then expect not to be seen as a sex object. she gets naked and looks fabulous, flaunts it confidently so sorry but she has earned the right to be a sex object. its actually silly and sexist to assume you cant be taken seriously if seen as a sex object. she is basically the fenale equivalant of Brad Pitt only she has more talent

.......at best, you're describing a sex symbol, not a sex object. Believe it or not, the two terms are different.

And she may have broken through partly because of her hotness, but I doubt she would've gotten the role in TWOWS if she wasn't talented anyway.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

.......at best, you're describing a sex symbol, not a sex object. Believe it or not, the two terms are different.

And she may have broken through partly because of her hotness, but I doubt she would've gotten the role in TWOWS if she wasn't talented anyway.

As far a being taken seriously as an actress, I think "I,Tonya" was Robbie's breakthrough film,just like "Suicide Squad" was her breakthrough film as far as audience poularity goes. She got a good start with "Wolf Of Wall Street" but it's the two films I mention that put her In the A list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Margott Robbie is Hollywood's redemption for how it treated Charlize Theron.Theron deserved a much bigger career.

Theron made some pretty bad script choices in the wake of her Oscar Win;you can't blame it all on Hollywood.

18 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

fair enough ill bow my head down in embarassment. sex symbol is the better term here

my point was simply disagreeing with the notion that people cabt comment on a womens hotness without taking them seriously and everyone jumped the gun in attacking tonytr

Edited by Jessie