CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, Jake Gittes said:

Congrats BTW Lena Dunham is playing a member of the Manson family in this. Albeit not one directly involved in the Tate murder.

I thought "Squaeky Fromme" but then remembered that Dakota Fanning is playing Squeaky.

Fromme did not participate in the murders, but gained notoriety a few years later when she tried to assisanate President Ford in retailiation for Manson being in Prison.

Edited by dudalb

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Squeaky Fromm, perhaps?

She was not involved in the murders, but gained her notoriety a few years later when she tried to assisianate President Ford....

No, Catherine Share.  Squeaky Fromm is played by Dakota Fanning.

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

No, Catherine Share.  Squeaky Fromm is played by Dakota Fanning.

I just rememberd that.

Had to look up Ctherine Share.

her greatest claim to fame was a bungled robbery to try to get money to get Manson out of Prison.

That  is pretty small potatoes compared to trying to off the President of the United States.

I was 11 years old living in Sacramento when Squeaky made the attempt when Ford was visiting the State Capitol. I have very vivid memories of that day.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think we'll get one with Holmes and Watson.

I think that's gonna be a flop -- like, "Second Act will perform significantly better" kind of flop. I think it would be the wrong decision to pair OUATIH with that, but I'm sure they'll make the decision they feel is right.

1 hour ago, Slambros said:

I think that's gonna be a flop -- like, "Second Act will perform significantly better" kind of flop. I think it would be the wrong decision to pair OUATIH with that, but I'm sure they'll make the decision they feel is right.

It doesn’t really matter which movie you pair your trailer with because once you release it, it’ll get played with whatever movie the theater thinks the trailer goes with.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think we'll get one with Holmes and Watson.

That's PG-13, and I think it's safe to say this will be a pretty medium to hard R. Plus I think Holmes & Watson is going after a different audience than OUATIH.

Now given this film's large budget and cast, I can see Sony trying to push this as an event type film and give it a bigger marketing push than Tarantino's last movies. So I'd wager late January-early/mid February on a trailer launch.

This is definitely getting an 'event' push. It's a $100m film in July starring Leonardo DiCaprio. His OW pull is about $40m (Revenant, Gatsby and Shutter Island all did that much) so they probably hope inflation + the Charles Manson interest + Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie push it over $50m or even $60m.

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Very intrigued to know what will be the exact subject matter of this movie.

The actual movie is secretly really all about vindicating Polanski, whom Tarantino will use as a metaphor for the problems he went through recently after Uma Thurman turned on him, accusing him of being negligent in her on-set auto accident on Kill Bill.

😉

• Haha 1