CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

Kill Bill is 2 movies for me too. The second is really good but the first one might be his best movie.

As far as rankings I don't even bother with Tarantino. I like all of his movie even Death Proof or his short from Four Rooms, and half of them are in my top5 for their respective years. Blind fanboy I guess.

So, where's the trailer?

35 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i can't consider kill bill one movie because i think part 1 is kind of a masterpiece and part 2 is kinda bad. for the sake of my precious rankings they need to be split.

Part 2 is the soul, Part 1 is kinda shallow. 

I know that Hollywood has stopped giving a shit about making good posters, but wasting the chance to make a great one for a Tarantino movie seems particularly egregious. 

Anyway, looking forward to this a lot. Feels like a lifetime since Tarantino had a down-to-earth setting.

Edited by Hatebox

if we're gonna overthink it like that then it doesn't really look anything like a poster from the '60s. if they were gonna go with that concept i think there would have been a little more attention to detail. the lazy photoshop sheen of it is very 21st century.

maybe... it's just a bad poster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PDC1987 said:

Guys, the hokey movie set look of the poster is likely the entire point.

Agreed, It's supposed to be a little phony....which went right over the head of most people here.

I wonder if this it the Tarantineo film that might puzzle his fans, since he is stepping out of his usual "homage to some Grade B action movie" mode, which he has pretty much in since 2000, and delight those of us who think that Tarantino is a very talented film maker, but he was limiting himself with his inability to get away from his homage shtick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

It is his 9th film.

Kill Bill is two movies and Death Proof doesn't exist.

Uh, you do know that both parts of Kill Bill were shot at the same time, and  Tarantino planned to release it as a 3 and half hour film, but the studio balked and he split it in two.

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Agreed, It's supposed to be a little phony....which went right over the head of most people here.

no other director would be getting this "it's supposed to suck" benefit of the doubt over a goddamn poster. even if it's supposed to be a pastiche it's a bad one! like it's just an inoffensive bland poster but you knuckleheads are driving me loopy with this shtick.