CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

Watched this with my gf and parents who are casual movie goers, they all hated it. I enjoyed it, would give it a 6.5/10. Wasn't really a movie though, more of a collections of random scenes to showcase the era with about 45 minutes of actual plot.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 8:45 PM, LawrenceBrolivier said:

He screened it once as "The Whole Bloody Affair" didn't he? 

I remember not wanting to buy the DVDs because it was a foregone conclusion he'd re-edit everything into one big movie and release it that way! A foregone conclusion!

The Hateful 8 is a miniseries on Netflix now but Kill Bill still isn't one movie... 

I purposely didnt buy the dvds for years while waiting for the new cut. Back then everything was double dipped on dvd.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 5:50 PM, TMP said:

Is this movie the reason the Cruise Missile's not in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood:(

On 5/23/2018 at 12:22 PM, HesAPooka said:

I'd guess he didn't want to play a stuntman. Some younger people already see him as just an action star and that would just add to it.

On 5/23/2018 at 12:27 PM, Alli said:

That's ridiculous.

I don't think he ever was in talks for the tarantino movie. The initial reports said Pitt had the role and in the end he was confirmed. Plus it wouldn't make sense for cruise to play DiCaprio's double. They look nothing alike. Brad Pitt i can see it. Imo Brad pitt had the role from the get go. his involvement was never in question.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-cruise-nearly-starred-in-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-184444688.html

Quentin Tarantino has admitted that he approached Tom Cruise about starring in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, and it is clear that the Top Gun actor made quite the impression on the director during their meeting.

Tarantino made this revelation about Cruise being considered for the part of Cliff Booth in his latest film during his recent discussion for the Happy Sad Confused podcast.

“We talked about it. He’s a great guy, and we really hit it off and it could happen on something else.”

@Alli

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I purposely didnt buy the dvds for years while waiting for the new cut. Back then everything was double dipped on dvd.

Take the overseas cuts of the movies, snip off the last scene of Vol. 1 and the first scene of Vol. 2, and that's The Whole Bloody Affair that's been screened a few times in L.A.

Edited by ViewerAnon

Not a huge Tarantino fan but I can usually appreciate his films and enjoy them enough. But this... Not that it was poorly made by any means, but whoever said it was a strung together set of scenes with about 45 minutes of plot, that is the best description for this I could think of. Not my cup of tea. I wasnt completely bored, but I never really felt engaged in anything not involving Pitt's character. 

I don't see how this gets any sort of incredible summer legs, but we will see. It could play well to a nostaligc older audience who can really appreciate all the classic Hollywood references. But that isn't exactly Tarantino's typical audience. 

16 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

That's a question best answered in the spoiler thread.

16 hours ago, nick64 said:

It’s a bit of a blindside. There was no warning that it involves the Manson Family, so when it pops up in the movie expecting some sort of audience background knowledge, it creates confusion. Simply something along the lines of “See the TRUE story of the Manson Murders” or some other marketing bs in the promos would’ve created awareness and I’m sure many people that were interested would get curious enough to google what that it is.

16 hours ago, ban1o said:

have you seen the film?  We need to go to the spoiler thread for this. 

lol, it was a rhetorical question

13 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

People hating this movie 😂, but US, is still the most overrated movie this year followed by Endgame 

I don't hate the movie. 7/10 for me. I just feel it could have been so much better given the subject matter.  I do hate the Bruce Lee scene though. 

The only reason I went on so much about the film assuming too much prior knowledge is because I think it will negatively affect the legs lol. The audience RT score keeps dropping.

It seems to be well liked in the film industry though since it is  hollywood love fest so I can see it still nominated for a bunch of awards. 

https://deadline.com/2019/07/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-quentin-tarantino-box-office-lion-king-weekend-1202654606/?v=11

We understand that in order for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood to break-even, it has to make just north of $400M at the worldwide B.O., just under the $425.3M that Django Unchained grossed (38% of that came from U.S./Canada, where the feature made $162.8M, still his highest- grossing movie).

Just like Tarantino’s Hollywood is a throwback pic, so is its financial structure, we hear from sources, with 30% of the first dollar gross going to the filmmaker, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Brad Pitt in a first dollar pool.

• Astonished 2