CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

50 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

How is it doing OS? Anyone knows? It's getting a slow rollout no?

It's doing spectacular in Bulgaria (opened last Friday). Young people are flowing to the cinemas, while old communists are foaming at the mouth (they really hate the man, lol).

PS: Checked the data: it's made for the first weekend HALF of what Toy Story 4 made for its entire run. And weekends in BG are not what they are in the US: they are 1/10th of the whole run at best - not 1/3rd or even just a half, sometimes.

Edited by shayhiri

Did a bit more digging, so here's some easy data about

RECENT SUMMER OWs IN BULGARIA:

Tarantino 9 --- 17 000 tickets

Pikachu --- 4000 tickets (lol)

Aladdin --- 32 000 tickets (yay!!)

Toy Story 4 --- 6000 tickets!! (LOL! AHAHAHAHAH!!) - Funny fact, it actually lost the 1st place in its opening weekend to Annabelle 3, lol.

Spiderman 7 --- 18 000 tickets

Alita --- 16 000 tickets

Say what you will, but we obviously show MUCH better taste than the US (and Latin America) Yay for the man Quentin!

data @ http://kino.dir.bg/arhivbox.php

Empty movies are convinient.

The void they create is so disturbing it becomes genius because you fill it with whatever you want.

That s basically the definition of modern "(art)", selling emptiness as high art.

Vomit on a canevas weird forms and colors and sell it 25M dollars at Sothebys  20 years later.

Genius.

Told ya.

12 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Though of course Tarantino will make more films this  elt like a goodbye movie by him. Didn't expect it to be as innocent (again relative to his other films) and I guess maybe "nice?" (there's one adjective I wanna use but would maybe be a spoiler). His best one since Inglorious Bastards.

Yeh I agree. I would actually consider it a “feel good” film 😂

Finally got to see this movie today!! I liked it fine, but my mom hated it. She said that nothing happened. Though she thought the actors did a good job. She also said that the ending is "what should have happened". 

Things I liked the best: 

• THE SOUNDTRACK. If this gets a vinyl release i'm for sure buying it. 
  • Brad Pitt. He looked amazing and was the essence of cool throughout. 
  • The sincerity of how Leo played Rick Dalton. He was fully committed to seeming out of the loop. 
  • The dog. 

seeing the real sharon tate on the movie screen. i thought that was a sweet gesture.

Things I was meh about:

• the plot. not really sure what the story of this movie was supposed to be. it basically seemed like a collection of entertaining scenes. maybe a character study???
  • margot's role as sharon tate. i wish she would've gotten more to do. she seemed more of a plot device than an actual character in the movie. i would've loved to learn more about sharon or have her interact with cliff and rick more (or at all lol).
  • ETA: i also thought bruce lee's role was odd. it seemed insulting but i'm willing to put it down to unreliable narrator. also the noises were over the top i thought until i asked my mom and she said that the real bruce lee did that. jfc.
Edited by zeb1814