CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Excited to see sweaty Manson member Tex as Elvis?

he was good in this so i'm interested i'm sure we'll see his full potential there. Baz is actually pretty strong with casting (ignore Tobey, that's leo doing a solid for a buddy).

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

he was good in this so i'm interested i'm sure we'll see his full potential there. Baz is actually pretty strong with casting (ignore Tobey, that's leo doing a solid for a buddy).

Yeah, his repertoire with Pitt was great

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Says Leo is the definition of trying too hard but brings up one Leo's most over the top role.

the role may be over the top but his performance sticks with you without being a charicature, like here in Once upon a time

Leo keeps taking these long ass breaks. 4 years between Revenant & OUATIH. Killer of the Flower Moon might not be ready until 2022 knowing Marty's extensive editing process. Still don't know why he said no to PTA but yes to Del Toro, that performance would have probably topped Wolf considering how often PTA gets career-best work from his actors.

Edited by TMP

Just now, TMP said:

Leo keeps taking these long ass breaks. 4 years between Revenant & OUATIH. Killer of the Secret Moon might not be ready until 2022 knowing Marty's extensive editing process. Still don't know why he said no to PTA but yes to Del Toro, that performance would have probably topped Wolf considering how often PTA gets career-best work from his actors.

So many  22 yo Victoria Secret models and yachts and private islands, so little time ...

Decisions, decisions ...

QT s gonna be a dad.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TMP said:

Leo keeps taking these long ass breaks. 4 years between Revenant & OUATIH. Killer of the Secret Moon might not be ready until 2022 knowing Marty's extensive editing process. Still don't know why he said no to PTA but yes to Del Toro, that performance would have probably topped Wolf considering how often PTA gets career-best work from his actors.

because nobody goes to see PTA movies and especially these days Leo's gotta keep the good box office track record going if he wants to stay being the reason these auteur projects get funded.

• Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

So many  22 yo Victoria Secret models and yachts and private islands, so little time ...

Decisions, decisions ...

QT s gonna be a dad.

People keep bringing this up, but compared to the heinous shit other actors have done in Hollywood, dating a consensual adult shouldn't be this big of a deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

because nobody goes to see PTA movies and especially these days Leo's gotta keep the good box office track record going if he wants to stay being the reason these auteur projects get funded.

Inarittu wasn't banging out huge hits before The Revenant though.

Inarittu wasn't banging out huge hits before The Revenant though.

the revenant is a pretty straightforward marketable premise as a revenge thriller/survival epic tho. god knows what the new PTA is about.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

Yeah, but look at the box office spike from Hateful Eight to OUATIH, or the box office fall from TWOWS to Silence. Leo's a big reason these films do well, PTA would have had his first bonafide money maker with DiCaprio. I know Shape of Water did well, but just how much more commercial is GDT than PTA?

Seeing Leo & De Niro bounce off each other's gonna be great though, but he could have done both projects since that doesn't start shooting till next summer.

Maybe Anderson could get Phoenix again, especially with that Joker clout? idk.

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

Leo keeps taking these long ass breaks. 4 years between Revenant & OUATIH. Killer of the Flower Moon might not be ready until 2022 knowing Marty's extensive editing process. Still don't know why he said no to PTA but yes to Del Toro, that performance would have probably topped Wolf considering how often PTA gets career-best work from his actors.

I mean, his reclusive nature is part of his appeal now. Makes it an event whenever he's in a new movie.

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the revenant is a pretty straightforward marketable premise as a revenge thriller/survival epic tho. god knows what the new PTA is about.

I haven't seen Inherent Vice yet (only PTA film I haven't seen) and isn't that one a more straightforward film compared to his other recent films? I feel like if DiCaprio starred in a PTA film like that, it could make a lot of money.

Edited by lorddemaxus

I haven't seen Inherent Vice yet (only PTA film I haven't seen) and isn't that one a more straightforward film compared to his other recent films? I feel like if DiCaprio starred in a PTA film like that, it could make a lot of money.

inherent vice and straightforward are certainly not words that go together at all lol.