CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

The Manson stuff is pretty fascinating.  Tarantino is a terrific film maker.  The cast he's approaching is top notch.  Hopefully he does it well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Will someone play Roman Polanski?

Mathieu Amalric is waiting by the phone.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

I'm sure Tarantino will make this as "cool" and horrifyingly tasteless as possible.

Yeah like the violence against slaves in Django. That was so totally cool and awesome.

55 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

"Jennifer Lawrence has been approached"

inb4 trifle and Futurist

so true, and here I came to post it!

51 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I can't fucking wait for this. It sounds amazing. We may have to deal with the JLaw stans though :kitschjob: 

50 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I think I might be able to handle them with Mother! this October.  MIGHT

We love you both as well!

blkis.gif

11 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Would JLaw play Sharon Tate, or a member of the family?

Apparently not Tate, which raises all sorts of possibilities of seeing a very different side of her! :excited:

Edited by trifle
  • Like 6

After The Hateful Eight, it's cool he's tackling a real life drama especially one which will have a lot of interest due to the subject matter. 

I hope after doing long films with Django, Hateful Eight, the Manson film can be done with a shorter runtime.

I'm assuming The Weinstein Company is looking for a studio partner to shoulder most of the cost in exchange for OS rights. 

Edited by Jonwo

Doesn't mean because he met with Margot, she is going to be the frontrunner.

He will probably has a list with his top choices for the role, meet with all of them and then decide with his crew who he will offer the role.

p.s I'm fine if she ends up being cast. I mean everyone loves Margot Robbie...

Edited by stephanos13

QT has been a massive Jlaw stan  for years, constantly praising her in interviews.

He tried to have her for Hateful Eight but she was doing Joy with DOR.

These two lovebirds met two weeks ago in Los Angeles so it was probably about this project.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

I actually had to do PR for a fake Helter Skelter movie for a class sophomore year of college! I had to cast it and everything. I had Fincher as director, Joaquin Phoenix as Manson, Matt Damon as Vincent Bugliosi (who I figure Pitt is really gonna play), Jennifer Lawrence as Susan Atkins (nailed it - also this would be a super duper showy role) and Anna Kendrick as Linda Kasabian, the innocent family member turned good. Would be a pretty dope cast. Since it's QT we need more epic stunt casting though, like Jonah Hill as Roman Polanski or something. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I actually had to do PR for a fake Helter Skelter movie for a class sophomore year of college! I had to cast it and everything. I had Fincher as director, Joaquin Phoenix as Manson, Matt Damon as Vincent Bugliosi (who I figure Pitt is really gonna play), Jennifer Lawrence as Susan Atkins (nailed it - also this would be a super duper showy role) and Anna Kendrick as Linda Kasabian, the innocent family member turned good. Would be a pretty dope cast. Since it's QT we need more epic stunt casting though, like Jonah Hill as Roman Polanski or something. 

There was a good tv movie a decade back named Helter Skelter that told the story from Linda Kasabian's POV (and played by Clea DuVall, who looked uncannily like the real deal).

Kasabian is the only member of the MF who I found interesting and sympathetic, a decent kid who just got stuck with the wrong crowd. The others were just asshole narcissistic publicity whores who went too far. Unless Tarantino has Sharon Tate survive and kill them all Bride-style, color me uninterested in this dumb criminal glorification.

I'd be okay if this were from the cops' POV too though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I hope this doesn't turn into criminal glorification.

From Tarantino?

It's not like he wanks on writing and iconizing swaggering criminals waxing poetical about pop culture since True Romance and Natural Born Killers making a big pile of cash out of it all...

Tarantino would be that giddy fanboy high on making it in the Valley who'd totally hang out with Charles Manson pre-massacre because it's "so cool" and "bitchin'".

(I just hope he spends more time fleshing out everybody but Manson because there's not much more to him than meet the eye).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I hadn't realized Tarantino characterized Daisy in Hateful Eight as a 'Western Manson Family woman' like 'Susan Atkins'.  And he talked to Jen about playing that role, but she couldn't at the time.  https://theringer.com/quentin-tarantino-manson-murders-new-movie-89b9858837c8

There is a tweet floating around alleging Tarantino might think Manson hadn't done it, which is not a perspective I can see going over well, particularly in Hollywood.  On the other hand, if he makes Atkins the ringleader it would be intriguing if historically inaccurate.  (OK fine. I'd just love to see Jen stretch those acting muscles!)

• Like 2