franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

My only negative is probably Tom Holkenborg’s score which is just kind of there

Honestly, I don't remember anything. Just some drums. I rewatched FR after and was shocked how good the score is. Well I kinda liked it before, but in comparison to F. it really shines.

Edited by cinema pal

This was fine but a clear couple steps down from Fury Road. Kinda inefficient and some parts just lacked propulsiveness. A couple elite action sequences help this keep pushing forward

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 11:46 AM, Krissykins said:

Quite the opposite.

4.5/5 postrack according to Deadline. 97% on RT certified user scores. 

Looks like audience reception is actually more positive than the critical reception. 

Eh, 4.5/5 stars isn't all that amazing neither is 85 positive/70 recommend. On the other hand, an 80 metacritic score is clearly superlative. 

On this point, here are all of the films I've found with a 4.5/5 posttrak anecdote. I just don't think it's as good as it sounds. 

Elvis, Minions: Rise Of Gru, The Batman, Jackass Forever, Where the Crawdads Sing, Godzilla vs Kong, West Side Story, Encanto, In The Heights, Dune, Paw Patrol, Clifford the Big Red Dog, 1917, Sonic the Hedgehog, I Still Believe, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Toy Story 4, John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum, Judas and the Black Messiah, Run the Race, Brian Banks, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Downton Abbey, Aladdin, The Best of Enemies, What Men Want, Harriet, Breakthrough, The Peanut Butter Falcon, JoJo Rabbit, Knives Out, The Upside, Yesterday, Angel Has Fallen, Ford v Ferrari, Just Mercy, Frozen, Little Women, Maleficent Mistress of Evil, The Secret Life of Pets 2, Blinded by the Light, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Hate U Give, Avengers: Infinity War, Bumblebee, Crazy Rich Asians, On The Basis of Sex, Green Book, A Star is Born, Creed II, BlacKkKlansman, Fahrenheit 11/9, Christopher Robin, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Beauty and the Beast, The Greatest Showman, Rogue One: A Star Wars Saga, Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Jurassic World

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
data
  • ...wtf 1

Great movie, frequently amazing. Not a masterpiece like Fury Road but still top of the modern class. It’s the perfect compliment to Fury Road, swapping the perpetual action for perpetual story/character progression. I have issues with the third act but that’s for later.

This film shouldn’t exist. Fury Road did just okay financially, Miller is a decade older, he had that falling out with WB who themselves keep getting overhauled. Yet here we are, a true, fulfilling companion piece to one of the greatest action films in the history of cinema. Furiosa is nothing less than a miracle.

FWIW I though this film’s marketing was underwhelming going in.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

re-watched fury road today after seeing furiosa yesterday; fury road is clearly the better movie, as it never stops, but I actually thought that the octoboss action scene was better than any individual fury road action scene

better in the sense that it got more "holy ****" reactions out of me

****=moly 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

I was impressed by how much Anya sounds like Charlize Theron in this. Like although they look nothing alike, Anya does such a great job of capturing her mannerisms that I can totally see her grow up into Theron lol

I'm seeing some comments saying this film was more contemplative and focused on story and character a greater deal than Fury Road and I completely disagree. I found the character moments much more intimate in Fury Road, which obviously led to greater emotional payoffs than Furiosa. 

• Like 1

Fury Road is an achievement in film-making. Not just from action, visual or sound standpoint but the storytelling despite being simple packs so much character development and hits all the right emotional beats. It does all that in barely 2 hours!

• Like 2

This is great but shy of Fury Road. I think it's ambition exceed it's grasp some of the time. But I am truly glad this movie exists BO be dammed. I can understand though if the GA did not embrace that they will not embrace this. It is not the non stop chase movie for them to just enjoy as an action movie. Hemsworth really knocks it out of the park, Anna Taylor by the end she seems to morph into Charlize so much it's freaky. Tom Burke eh fairly underwritten and does not make much of a impact. The action when it comes holy shit. Overall just shy of the masterpiece Fury Road is. 

Posted (edited)

Nothing with the wives worked for me at all in Fury Road aside from maybe the overall concept being compelling. All were complety forgettable. I actually forgot all the actresses that played them and had to look it up.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Nothing with the wives worked for me at all in Fury Road aside from maybe the overall concept being compelling. All were complety forgettable. I actually forgot all the actresses that played them and had to look it up.

Doesn't really matter if you remember the actresses' names -- I don't, either -- what matters is if you remember and think about THE FILM.  I know I do all the time.  It's one of the best of the last decade, for me.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

i thought the movie was pretty decent so sad to see it bomb , the first quarter of movie had some shoddy cgi , butt after that it was fine. still an odd choice to take a breakout character from last movie and recast for a prequel. sony did with dragon tattoo series recasting oscar nominated actress for prequel , and those results ...

10 hours ago, Macleod said:

Doesn't really matter if you remember the actresses' names -- I don't, either -- what matters is if you remember and think about THE FILM.  I know I do all the time.  It's one of the best of the last decade, for me.  

Yes. I distinctly do remember that portion of the film not working for me at all while the rest of the film worked great. I found Furiosa more memorable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Good, not great. Shame it flopped.

Feel the same. After I saw it would have said A- but now would lower it to a B+.It just does not hit the way Fury Road does.  But still applaud Miller for his ambition even if it exceeds his grasp too  much of the time.

• Like 1