kayumanggi

THE RHYTHM SECTION | January 31, 2020 | Paramount | Blake Lively

why is this still scheduled to come out? is the studio that unprofessional? why doesnt anyone clarify the situation?

Tuesday
ON DVD
• None Listed
Friday
NEW IN THEATERS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Animation
Universal Wide
Rhythm Section
Action Thriller
Paramount Wide
Run the Race
Drama
Edited by TombRaider
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Paramount is a dumpster fire.  Probably unrealistic to expect them to be on top of things until they get their shit together.

Tom Cruise being Paramount's lifeline for the next few years is doubly funny considering they wanted to cut all ties with him in 2006

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Paramount is a dumpster fire.  Probably unrealistic to expect them to be on top of things until they get their shit together.

Honestly, it's kinda annoying though. Like clearly the movie isn't coming out as planned so at least just remove it from the schedule or make an announcement that it's officially delayed. 

Right now, they just look like a hot mess with how they're handling this movie. As if they've never released a movie before. This movie had so much potential. The Bond producers backing it, an Emmy award winning director, and a pretty good cast but leave it to Paramount to come in and fuck it all up. 

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Tom Cruise being Paramount's lifeline for the next few years is doubly funny considering they wanted to cut all ties with him in 2006

And now he's pretty much all they've got. Which makes it all that more surprising that they're not trying to get their shit together. A movie like this shouldn't even be THAT hard of a sell. I don't know if it'll be a box office hit or not because there's a lot that goes into box office but marketing this as the female action movie from the Bond producers shouldn't be that difficult nor that hard of a sell lol Hell I keep saying this is an action movie but honestly I have no fucking clue what it is since there is no trailer or poster lol 

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

And now he's pretty much all they've got. Which makes it all that more surprising that they're not trying to get their shit together. A movie like this shouldn't even be THAT hard of a sell. I don't know if it'll be a box office hit or not because there's a lot that goes into box office but marketing this as the female action movie from the Bond producers shouldn't be that difficult nor that hard of a sell lol Hell I keep saying this is an action movie but honestly I have no fucking clue what it is since there is no trailer or poster lol 

Maybe Red Sparrow's bombage gave them cold feet on how to advertise this?

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Maybe Red Sparrow's bombage gave them cold feet on how to advertise this?

Unless the movie is similar to Red Sparrow, I don’t see why that would be the case (Not really an action film even though it appeared to be one) And what this has going for it is that it can claim to be made by the Bond Producers which is a positive during a time where you have folks wanting a female version of Bond. Having said that, I do think Red Sparrow not doing as well as some people expected may have made studios hesistant on female action films but to that I say that male action action movies bomb all the time and yet they still get released. 

The reality is that you don’t know how a movie will do until after it gets released lol But you certainly won’t get positive results if you’re treating your movie the way Paramount is treating this 

Edited by Nova

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

Blake Lively’s Action-Thriller ‘Rhythm Section’ Moves to Thanksgiving (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/blake-lively-rhythm-section-releae-date-change-1203110803/

Good. Don't know how it'll do in that spot but the spot it was currently at right before Captain Marvel wasn't a good one. At least now we actually have news of where its moved to though :ph34r:

Edited by Nova