kayumanggi

THE RHYTHM SECTION | January 31, 2020 | Paramount | Blake Lively

Per Deadline:

We’ve been hearing about the release date change for a while and from what we know the pic has a great action tone that’s prime for the fall,  especially during awards season. Word is Lively is fantastic in the movie.  EON’s 007 pics have typically launched in the November month.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

22 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So it's counter-programming against Frozen 2? Not a terrible choice. Hope it does well.

Yup. Frozen 2 is the only other opening there at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

anyway the movie will flop. delays are a terrible sign.

Depends on why a movie was delayed. This movie wasn’t delayed for reshoots or actual problems with the film. It had delayed production because of an injury reason. And since they couldn’t get it together in time, there’s no use to rush things. You only have one shot to launch a potential franchise. You need to do it right and not rushed. 

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Aren't they both Paramount movies? More likely Gemini Man might open in December, whether it be limited or wide.

Gemini Man is a blockbuster. it ain't opening limited.  i think it stays where it is. why would it move?

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yup. Frozen 2 is the only other opening there at the moment. 

Depends on why a movie was delayed. This movie wasn’t delayed for reshoots or actual problems with the film. It had delayed production because of an injury reason. And since they couldn’t get it together in time, there’s no use to rush things. You only have one shot to launch a potential franchise. You need to do it right and not rushed.  

Hmm I think it was moved after red sparrow and tomb raider flopping, even tho it doesnt make much sense since those movies came out almost a year ago

if it was moved because of the injury, wouldnt they have moved it months ago?? it seems like they didnt know what to do with the movie. i just hope the budget is around 30 so it doesnt 'flop'. but i read its 50, and i really doubt it will do over 150m ww

2 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

Hmm I think it was moved after red sparrow and tomb raider flopping, even tho it doesnt make much sense since those movies came out almost a year ago

if it was moved because of the injury, wouldnt they have moved it months ago?? it seems like they didnt know what to do with the movie. i just hope the budget is around 30 so it doesnt 'flop'. but i read its 50, and i really doubt it will do over 150m ww

There’s prob a list of reasons of why it was moved but it being delayed isn’t because the movie needs to go into reshoots which is usually when you should worry (but not fully because a film can still be salvaged) According to Deadline, this move has been planned for a while but they’re just officially announcing it though. Regardless it’s a much better release date for it. If it flops then it flops but it’s previous release date was setting it up for failure imo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TombRaider said:

anyway the movie will flop. delays are a terrible sign.

If it was because of injury and the time to announce the new date was because they were trying to get a great weekend for it (and they achieved to do so), it is really not a sign of anything.

Has for the performance WW of 150M to reach, this has a giant advantage to pretty much everything else, from the James Bond people and soft connection going on, in many market that could change awareness and what not by a huge amount.