grim22

I Feel Pretty | April 20 2018 | STX | Amy Schumer starring. Michelle Williams, Emily Ratajkowski and Rafe Spall. Gender swapped Shallow Hal like concept

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

A lot of critics are saying Michelle Williams actually gets more laughs then Schumer does.

I saw a review saying there should have been a buddy comedy between her and Busy Phillips opening this weekend instead of a Schumer comedy.

• Like 1

Just now, Jay Beezy said:

I saw a review saying there should have been a buddy comedy between her and Busy Phillips opening this weekend instead of a Schumer comedy.

Williams and Phillips are BFFs IRL. In fact, they have been friends since they starred together on Dawson's Creek over 15 years ago. 

I would be at the first Thursday night showing of a buddy comedy starring Williams and Phillips. It's because of Williams and Phillips that I am going to see IFP sometime this weekend. Williams is a terrific actress and Phillips was hysterical in her role in Cougar Town. A comedy starring those two would be a must see for me.

44 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Williams and Phillips are BFFs IRL. In fact, they have been friends since they starred together on Dawson's Creek over 15 years ago. 

I would be at the first Thursday night showing of a buddy comedy starring Williams and Phillips. It's because of Williams and Phillips that I am going to see IFP sometime this weekend. Williams is a terrific actress and Phillips was hysterical in her role in Cougar Town. A comedy starring those two would be a must see for me.

Would you choose that over that Schumer/Lawrence sister comedy that's in development?

The failure of Snatched and now the [potential] failure of this has nothing to do with the leading lady not being funny, a supporting player being funnier, or whatnot. Schumer is a funny comic, a likable movie presence, and a great writer. The problem with those films were their scripts. There is no coincidence that her only great movie so far was a- the one she wrote, and b- the one that got raves for the writing, compelling characters, and sharply delineated comedic situations.

I hope that the comedy she plans to do with Jlaw is written by Schumer herself.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is that even still happening? It was greenlit years ago (when both stars were more popular commodities than they are now).

I think that project died down once all the hype around their surprise real life friendship died down. J-Law mentioned recently she’s still friends with her, though.

19 minutes ago, StevenG said:

The failure of Snatched and now the [potential] failure of this has nothing to do with the leading lady not being funny, a supporting player being funnier, or whatnot. Schumer is a funny comic, a likable movie presence, and a great writer. The problem with those films were their scripts. There is no coincidence that her only great movie so far was a- the one she wrote, and b- the one that got raves for the writing, compelling characters, and sharply delineated comedic situations.

I think it’s been said Schumer has been co-writing it with her sister. Plus I do believe J-Law herself contributed.

However, Schumer did co-write Snatched.

Edited by Jay Beezy

18 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I think that project died down once all the hype around their surprise real life friendship died down. J-Law mentioned recently she’s still friends with her, though.

JLaw said during Red Sparrow promo they had a table read recently and are looking for a director and a date.

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

JLaw said during Red Sparrow promo they had a table read recently and are looking for a director and a date.

Fair enough. What’s funny is that when it was first announced over two years ago, it was supposedly being fast tracked into production.

7 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Really? I have searched and searched and nowhere do I see a co-writer credit for Schumer. All I see is "Katie Dippold"...

Huh. I definitely remember reading a while back that Schumer helped write it. Maybe she wasn't credited?

The thing about these kinds of movies is that the credited writer(s) is/are rarely the only one(s) who touch(es) the script. Schumer was involved in the development of the movie after all. She's the one who convinced Goldie Hawn to come out of retirement.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amy-schumer-snatched-director-movies-real-life-inspirations-1003310

While Dippold wrote the screenplay for Snatched, Levine and Schumer said they collaborated with the writer throughout the making of the film.

"The script can always be better, you just have to keep working on the script, keep working on the script, and then Amy and her sister Kim got involved, and we had this amazing braintrust to keep honing the script and getting it to where it needed to be," said Levine.

Schumer added, "Katie wrote such a funny script, and I knew I wanted to do it right away. And then my sister and I rewrote it, and Jonathan and Katie and my sister and I and Goldie, we all collaborated and really developed it together, through shooting."

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 8:43 PM, Ethan Hunt said:

Am I supposed to buy that anyone actually thinks Amy Schumer is unattractive?

I do not think she is attractive but this is my personal subjective taste and for determining whether someone is funny, it does not really matter.  

The Fact Amy Schumer suggests that people must find her attractive or they are sexist is why I don't like her much. 

13 hours ago, StevenG said:

(looks at the Netflix comedy special written by Amy Schumer)

I do not think your post holds any credibility. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

The Fact Amy Schumer suggests that people must find her attractive or they are sexist is why I don't like her much. 

Not sure I get what you mean, is it the very premise of her humor and the very premise of this movie about the ridiculous notion that she is not attractive ?