Blankments

Where'd You Go, Bernadette? | August 16, 2019 | Annapurna | Richard Linklater directing. Cate Blanchett, Billy Crudup, Kristen Wiig

4 hours ago, TombRaider said:

I love CB and KW, this seems interesting. Typical limited release that will do around 6m tho

Annapurna is releasing so expect it to not do well. Poor Kristin Wiig. I feel like her movies just haven't had much luck lately. 

34 minutes ago, Nova said:

Annapurna is releasing so expect it to not do well. Poor Kristin Wiig. I feel like her movies just haven't had much luck lately. 

Yeah but she picked bad roles. She was the it girl during bridesmaids and then she picked indie flops and the commercial movies she did were bad

31 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

Yeah but she picked bad roles. She was the it girl during bridesmaids and then she picked indie flops and the commercial movies she did were bad

In hind sight we say that but like GhostBusters should have been a bigger hit and like The Spy Who Dumped Me looked good on paper. I feel like she may have felt the same way. Hopefully this movie is good and gets her back on track though (not keeping my hopes up though lol) 

28 minutes ago, Nova said:

In hind sight we say that but like GhostBusters should have been a bigger hit and like The Spy Who Dumped Me looked good on paper. I feel like she may have felt the same way. Hopefully this movie is good and gets her back on track though (not keeping my hopes up though lol)  

she wasnt in The Spy Who Dumped Me  lol. but yeah, wasted potential all around

7 hours ago, TombRaider said:

you thought they were the same person in ghostbusters? lol

I mean I knew they were different there but outside of Ghostbusters I’ve been convinced they’re the same person. I have no idea why either lol 

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/cate-blachett-whered-you-go-bernadette-august-1203111384/

A rep for Annapurna explained that August has served well as a launching pad for release of female-skewing films such as “Crazy Rich Asians,” “Florence Foster Jenkins” and “Julie and Julia.” Additionally, “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” will offer a change of pace following a summer of sequels and action movies.

10 hours ago, The Panda said:

I reckon the move is good for the movie, and if the film is any good bumps up it's chances at an Oscar nom depending on the competition.

This was made in mid-2017 for a release in May last year. At this point Annapurna is starting to recall the last days of The Weinstein Company with the constant moving around of their movies.