Finnick

Thursday Numbers: SMH:$8.85M | DM3:$4.52M | BD:$1.61M | WW:$1.25M

Spidey is so closely following Ant-Man that it's scary. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it continued into the weekend. 

I expected Wonder Woman to stay about even/drop 1 or 2% so that number doesn't surprise me.

Just now, Hatebox said:

But iJack said it was going to do 60m+?

I don't know who to believe...

Nothing is over until it's over. Ijack could still win with the stunning upset for the ages, wait for Sunday to declare a victory or a defeat. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'll say between 45-50mil. 50 million is the best case scenario.

It would need some extraordinary jumps on Friday and Saturday to hit 50 million. But yes I guess it is possible.

• Like 1

Yes none of us have seen anything like Wonder Woman in terms of comic book movies, in the Modern Age. I consider the Modern Age of comic book movies to start with Spider-Man in 2002. As for homecoming even if it does fall 60% this weekend it should still have enough juice to get over 300.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yes none of us have seen anything like Wonder Woman in terms of comic book movies, in the Modern Age. I consider the Modern Age of comic book movies to start with Spider-Man in 2002. As for homecoming even if it does fall 60% this weekend it should still have enough juice to get over 300.

tumblr_inline_or525exHNX1rrje9w_500.gif

It doesn't change your overall point but never forget X-Men!

:apocalypse:

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 9

WW weekend prediction:

Friday: $2.1m

Saturday: $3m

Sunday $2.2m

Total $7.3m(-25.5% from last week, the smallest drop by far,even stronger than father's day weekend)

I'm still hope SMH could gross to more than $50m, the cinema need some crowd truly, this summer was too dry

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

X-Men's success and critical acclaim is amazing considering they had a tight schedule to get it filmed, edited and released by summer 2000 when they only shot in September of 1999. 

Which is what gave us Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Dougray Scott was pretty much confirmed for the role but MI2 filming ran long and Fox didn't want to wait. 20 years later almost and the role pretty much changed Jackman's career.

• Like 6

I remember seeing X-Men for the first time. A friend of mine took me after work one night and I had no idea what the X-Men were. Even when he was describing Wolverine and Magneto and Professor X and so on I just thought it sounded weird. But then when I saw it I was completely blown away by the film and especially Wolverine.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Which is what gave us Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Dougray Scott was pretty much confirmed for the role but MI2 filming ran long and Fox didn't want to wait. 20 years later almost and the role pretty much changed Jackman's career.

Hugh was basically third choices as Russell Crowe turned it down and Scott couldn't do it. It hard to imagine anyone but him in the role and it's going to interesting who they get when they recast.

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

I remember seeing X-Men for the first time. A friend of mine took me after work one night and I had no idea what the X-Men were. Even when he was describing Wolverine and Magneto and Professor X and so on I just thought it sounded weird. But then when I saw it I was completely blown away by the film and especially Wolverine.

The casting of Stewart and McKellen as Charles Xavier and Magneto was genius considering they're friends in real life. McKellen gained a new fanbase due to Magneto and Gandalf. 

This interview with Jackman, McKellen and Stewart still cracks me up especially at 0.42:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Xod7tIJRs

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 4