WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

He "fine" throughout the movie.

The big scene was great but the Vulture's motivations, his conflicts, and Keaton's acting are solid the entire film.

I wouldn't call Vulture the GOAT or anything but I found the character compelling beyond that one scene.

Yeah it helped that he had a decent amount of focus, especially when compared to most MCU villains. I wouldn't call him a great great villain, but he was certainly was compelling and interesting enough.

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

99% of everyone's superhero movie ranking in 1978:

1. Superman the Movie

2. Batman 66

You forgot Superman Vs. The Mole People. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

Why are you so hung up about this? You act like it's a horrible thing for non-white people to want to see themselves represented on the big screen. Audiences love characters for their personalities and actions, not for their race. 

And why does a well-established, existing character have his/her race changed to achieve that?

18 minutes ago, Gumby said:

That's very true, but certain characters were not "diverse" in the comics and were changed most likely for SJW PC  reasons.  I'm sure there are enough white kids in Queens that those characters could have been white and it would not have looked out of place.  Introduce some new characters who are "diverse" and there would be zero issue.

It's a 21st century modernized love letter...NYC is a heckuva lot more diverse now than in the 1960s...nothing wrong with actually showing a NYC school as it is, since they set this is the "now" timeframe...same reason I didn't mind the " bad language" that some parents are freaking out about...b/c it's a NYC high school!  It's not Bible camp!:)

Spoiler

Oh, and for those wondering about its extra awesomeness...Liz was the 1st love from the comics...she leaves early (and has the last name Allan - bet that's her name after the coming divorce:), but it's not MJ who 1st catches Spidey's eye...

Edited by TwoMisfits
Figure the one thing is maybe, kinda a tiny spoiler...maybe...so I tagged it:)...
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, baumer said:

So this is what happens when we don't have any more numbers. We just start talking about the best comic book movies and so on.

Never change, forums. 

Sadly, comic book films peaked in 2008. Its been downhill from there. 

1 minute ago, Gumby said:

And why does a well-established, existing character have his/her race changed to achieve that?

Coz society was racist trash when they were created in the 30-60's and POC were viewed as subhuman, so white was the only option.

tenor.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gumby said:

That's very true, but certain characters were not "diverse" in the comics and were changed most likely for SJW PC  reasons.  I'm sure there are enough white kids in Queens that those characters could have been white and it would not have looked out of place.  Introduce some new characters who are "diverse" and there would be zero issue.

I see no problem changing the race of characters with nearly zero fanbase.

If you're acting like Ned being Asian ruined Spider-man for you then I think your baggage goes far beyond comic books.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bernie86 said:

Is it possible that Apes beats Dunkirk next weekend?

Dunkirks opening day will be bigger than Apes 2nd weekend