WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Did Dawn have previews at 8 or 10?

It looks like 10pm. So maybe this isn't quite as impressive. Still, it's a heavy adult-skew so later shows probably don't make a massive difference.

Source:

http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/news/742084-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-snags-4-1-million-from-thursday-previews

Edited by Jayhawk

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Did Dawn have previews at 8 or 10?

Very important question, I didn't see Dawn till the day after but back then Fox was a bit weird with their times. I know for a fact DOFP was 10pm, but not sure about this.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm curious how/if the trilogy screenings will be factored into the weekend. Tickets were $20+.

I'm guessing rolled in with previews. I really don't think they sold a lot. Checked a few on Wednesday around me and they were pretty empty.

Just now, Jayhawk said:

I'm guessing rolled in with previews. I really don't think they sold a lot. Checked a few on Wednesday around me and they were pretty empty.

Yeah, the one at my theater was only at 6 tickets half an hour before it started. Theaters that put it in one of their biggest auditoriums (like mine did) must have been PISSED

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

5 doesn't seem great in comparison to Dawn. 

Should at least land in the $60-65m range at the very worst. Which, given how so many franchises this summer have seen heavily diminished returns, would be really good.

I'm super curious to see how The Big Sick fares. It's performing pretty weak at my theater (last night only sold 4 tickets, the showing that just started sold 8, and it only has 8 other tickets throughout the rest of the day so far), so I'm starting to believe it'll be big in cities but weak in rural areas. 

Meanwhile, I'm think some of you underestimated Wish Upon. Everything I'm seeing leads me to believe it's opening over ICAN.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm super curious to see how The Big Sick fares. It's performing pretty weak at my theater (last night only sold 4 tickets, the showing that just started sold 8, and it only has 8 other tickets throughout the rest of the day so far), so I'm starting to believe it'll be big in cities but weak in rural areas. 

Meanwhile, I'm think some of you underestimated Wish Upon. Everything I'm seeing leads me to believe it's opening over ICAN.

Yes I'm sure a movie about a Pakistani male and white woman hooking up in urban city Chicago sounds like a rural crowd pleaser.

• Like 5