WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

It was as bad as (or slightly better than) the second-week drop of every DCEU film except Wonder Woman, and I believe ot was worse than the second-week drop of all MCU films.

In terms of recent CBMs, MOS dropped 65%, SS dropped 67%, BVS dropped 69%, and F4 (2015) dropped 68%. The latter three are way worse than Homecoming. However this is the MCUs worse drop.

Edited by YourMother

17 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Looking at this thread, I kind of want both Ragnarök and Justice League to underperform in November so that neither of the mega-fanboys can gloat about it. This Marvel vs. DC crap is really starting to poison this forum at this point.

But seriously CBMS here tend to bring out the worse of everyone. It's not a good thing when you see people want the JL thread closed or having two users, one of which an insider, getting into a brutal fight.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Finnick said:

Sounds they are all forettable for everyone except you they are hounting you day and night for 10 years now. You cant let it go cant you? If I am at your position, I celebrate the success of WW as much as I can and stop trashing MUC movies. I am a Mervel fan and I liked WW and really happy and excited by its boxoffice. If the MCU are declining in boxoffice (not as what the MCU fans are expecting), which is natural because audience are getting tired and looking for something new, then you should be so worried!! at least the MCU has already 16 movies. The whole movie genre is facing big challenges in the future and both the MCU and the CDEU should be worried,

Yeah, every MCU movie after 2011 made well over 500 m WW.

I don't think people are tired of them. :rofl:

40 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Who said the MCU was declining, it's Phase 3 average for its first four films has been higher than Phase 1 and 2:

Phase 3: $334M (assuming Homecoming tops out at $305M)

Phase 2: $302M

Phase 1: $236.25M

Even when you adjust for inflation, the Phase 2 average is still lower at $321M.

To be fair, someone said they're forgettable.

But the general audience doesn't seem to agree.

37 minutes ago, KGator said:

This may come as news to you but elitists and fringe elements are not the target audience for Studios.  Nor are they part of this argument since overall popularity is not limited to specific populations that just you approve of.    

It is always debatable.  Spider-Man 2 is cannot be said to be the "consensus favorite" of the series.  The facts at hand are that it was not the most popular Spiderman film at the box office (a 10-15% drop in attendance as the sequel of a beloved film?) despite the fact that at the time of it's release it was probably at the peak of popularity in US culture.  There has never been any large scale poling of the general population on the issue (i.e. "Do you approve of the performance of the President?" and by the way "What Spider-Man movie was your personal favorite?").  Website polls measure their votes in the thousands (compared to the millions of actual viewers) and are found on websites that appeal to hardcore superhero or movie fans rather than represent the general population.

And ESB may be the most popular of all the SW movies but even the Poll on Starwars.com shows that it has less than 39% of the overall vote.  This means that 61% of the population (the majority) does NOT think it is the best movie in the series.  So that could not be claimed as a "consensus favorite" either.  I mean, you do understand that "consensus" means majority right?  Maybe you aren't a native English speaker there's some confusion about the definition of "consensus".  And perhaps that's the problem you are having.  Based on the Starwars.com poll.  The Empire Strikes Back is the favorite movie of voters because it has the highest individual percentage.  However it is NOT a "consensus favorite" since it represents a minority of the overall voters.

But you said ANH was better.

The other movies cannot rank higher by any measure if ESB has the most votes.

That's how we get terrible presidents.