WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Even not on a network. when I watched Daredevil and Jessica Jones on Netflix (I'm watching Luke Cage and then Iron Fist for this summer's binge), I still thought they made too many filler episodes and could have condensed each season to an amazing 8-10, rather than the 13 they had...it would not lose so much tension and drama if it stayed tight and on point...

This is by far the biggest problem with the Marvel Netflix shows. They all could have been 5 episodes shorter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Even not on a network. when I watched Daredevil and Jessica Jones on Netflix (I'm watching Luke Cage and then Iron Fist for this summer's binge), I still thought they made too many filler episodes and could have condensed each season to an amazing 8-10, rather than the 13 they had...it would not lose so much tension and drama if it stayed tight and on point...

True, I thought even something like Stranger Things would have worked better with 6 episodes. It is a problem with modern day TV/streaming/etc. that they try to force everything into a 10/13 episode structure when it doesn't need it. But that's less to do with syndication as was stated in the original post.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Sorry but you watched some of the mediocore shows there with netflix marvel. They do last 4 episodes too long.

• Like 1

Television has the advantage of growing the characters over the course of a season or a couple of seasons. You can't really do that in a film unless it's a trilogy or a franchise. While I like watching shows which are self contained, I can see the appeal of arc lead shows like The Killing or Broadchurch where the viewers is lead on a journey to find out who the killer is. 

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

True, I thought even something like Stranger Things would have worked better with 6 episodes. It is a problem with modern day TV/streaming/etc. that they try to force everything into a 10/13 episode structure when it doesn't need it. But that's less to do with syndication as was stated in the original post.

Yes. This!

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I haven't watched GOT, but are you seriously trying to say the Apes trilogy doesn't have moments of emotion and intensity?  Dawn is absolutely intense, emotional, and War seems to only up the ante on that.  And even Rise is no slouch in these categories.

I'll update more on this when I see War in a few hours.

I didn't say they don't have. This is the advantage tv has over film as a medium. When you are with a character for 28 episodes it hurt more to lose them than in a movie for 2 hours.

Just now, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

We like to call each other casuals, but go onto twitter and see what some of those randoms think are the greatest movies of all time.  Their opinions will shock you.

I mean, yeah, it's a movie site, a lot of us regulars are probably in the top 1% to .1% of moviegoers in terms of movies seen per year.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I haven't watched GOT, but are you seriously trying to say the Apes trilogy doesn't have moments of emotion and intensity?  Dawn is absolutely intense, emotional, and War seems to only up the ante on that.  And even Rise is no slouch in these categories.

I'll update more on this when I see War in a few hours.

How can you compare Apes to GoT, if you haven't seen GoT?

• Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk said:

I mean, yeah, it's a movie site, a lot of us regulars are probably in the top 1% to .1% of moviegoers in terms of movies seen per year.

I might be in the top .1%.  My final 2016 count will be 130.  My final 2017 count is estimated to be around 160.

I feel special and I also feel like I don't have a life at the same time.  it's a weird feeling.

• Like 2