WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

You know pretty much every post that you have made since you come back here in the last couple weeks is about how crappy this place is. We were doing just fine before you got here and I'm sure that we will survive just fine when you leave as well.

For good reason too. In a thread about the weekend box office I had to skip through pages and pages of stupid nonsense including gifs, rants and silly face pictures to actually find actual box office figures.

If you're supposed to be a mod then why have you let this place go to shit?

Edited by scabab

1 minute ago, scabab said:

For good reason too. In a thread about the weekend box office I had to skip through pages and pages of stupid nonsense including gifs, rants and silly face pictures to actually find actual box office figures.

Boo hoo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

WONDR gonna be #3 dom.

SW8 700-800, BATB 500+, WONDR 400+

JL is not getting there imo and there's nothing else which is looking at 300+. Nevermind 400+.

(And I didn't forget Thor3 :). Have that at 250.)

I have a feeling JL will be number 2, just my gut feeling ....

WW followers will sure be in drove to check JL out and if JL is Fresh - watchout.

• Like 3

So, for next weekend, are we looking at a Power Rangers drop (64-65%) for Apes?  Not exactly the same type of movie, but a lot of similarities...

1. Huge presale deals - PR tickets may have even become free, but I know they were definitely $2-$3 for any showing, just like Apes was...and just like Apes, most of the deals ended opening day, so you couldn't buy in advance for 2nd weekend

2. Very definite fan bases that may not have anywhere to grow - these same fan bases may desire to see it OW (Apes b/c it was the end and had the deals)

3. In the shadow of a very big opener from the week before (which ate into its audience, since B&TB ended up capturing a huge family element and Spidey obviously captures a male element)

4. Direct competitor opened against it the following week (a family movie against the very young skew for PR and a grown up male skewing movie against the same for Apes)

And drops tend to be worse, not better, in July...we'll see how the week goes, but as of right now, I'm not optimistic for Apes to have a sub-60 hold next weekend, no matter what its previous editions did...

I hate to be negative on an apparently really good movie, but baumer even posted he wants more thoughts from everyone, not less:)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scabab said:

Its not Mojo. 

What exactly is it you want from a weekend thread? Here are the numbers close the thread? If you want numbers go to Box Office Mojo.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, YourMother said:

What's even more impressive is that DCEU and MCU together will have #3-7 on the top 10. Hell all of them might make the top 10:

Jedi: $1.8B

Beast: $1.26B

F8te: $1.23B

JL: $1.05B

DM3: $925M

SMH: $875M

GV2: $860M

WW: $780M

Pirates: $750M

Thor: $725M

Out of likes...I think superheroes are doing exactly what they always was intended to do both in comics and in reality.

The genre is strong and it's saving the boxoffice as of now ,Hell without thier numbers each year will be extremely low.

Those who hates CBM really needs to respect them as they are keeping Movie going alive.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

You know pretty much every post that you have made since you come back here in the last couple weeks is about how crappy this place is. We were doing just fine before you got here and I'm sure that we will survive just fine when you leave as well.

BOT is a fine place. Every forum including BOM forum had some crazy posters. 

For the most part, BOT seems like a natural heir/extension of BOM forum and that is a very good thing. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, scabab said:

Uh, we put the most recent #'s in the title and any past #'s can easily be found by clicking on RTH's profile or EC's profile, or going to BOM/BO.com/DHD.  What the fuck are we supposed to do in the weekend thread when there's no numbers coming in?  Talk about how good the numbers are over and over until it becomes endlessly repetitive?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Out of likes...I think superheroes are doing exactly what they always was intended to do both in comics and in reality.

The genre is strong and it's saving the boxoffice as of now ,Hell without then the numbers each years will be extremely low.

Those who hates CBM really needs to respect them as they are keeping Movie going alive.

I've also ran out of likes but this. However 2018 will be the true test since we'll have 10 Superhero movies (9 CBMs).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, scabab said:

Man these boards went severely downhill from the old Box Office Mojo days didn't they? 

Mostly just a bunch of fools posting gifs rather than anything of value.

You should go through the last 30 pages before you post this ..... you gotta have numbers/figures yes. But you gotta have fun while doing it.

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's a 21st century modernized love letter...NYC is a heckuva lot more diverse now than in the 1960s...nothing wrong with actually showing a NYC school as it is, since they set this is the "now" timeframe...same reason I didn't mind the " bad language" that some parents are freaking out about...b/c it's a NYC high school!  It's not Bible camp!:)

Reveal hidden contents

Betty Brant was the first love interest in the comics. Liz Allen started having a crush on Peter around Issue 17. Peter was annoyed with her and tried to avoid her at all costs. Spidey's 2nd love interest was Gwen, and that lasted for 8 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Its not Mojo. 

What exactly is it you want from a weekend thread? Here are the numbers close the thread? If you want numbers go to Box Office Mojo.

People giving early box office estimates before they are available on Mojo. People discussing those numbers as they come in. You know kinda like what people did for years on Mojo?

Not someone going on an Irrelevant rant about racism and posting silly gifs of women fighting and crying as if the place was Reddit.