WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

If we get 9 if Toro thing goes wide we may get something like this for the typical 12 screen cinema:

Jedi - 3 screens/10-12 showings

Jumanji - 2 screens/10-12 showings

Ferdinand - 1 screen (split with Showman)/ 7-9 showings

Pitch 3 - 2 screens/ 7-10 showings

Shape of Water - 1 screen/5-8 showings

Showman - 1 screen (split with Ferdinand)/5-7 showings

Bastards - 1 screen (split with Downsizing)/5-7 showings

Downsizing - 1 screen (split with Bastards)/5-7 showings

Shape of Water will probably be gone and I don't expect Jumanji or Pitch to get 2 screens (not 2 full ones)...JL and a holdover animated would probably keep a 1/2 to full screen and then some adult Nov movie probably gets evening showings vs the family movies...and that's your 12...

Every year, 2-3 Nov movies are still there...so it's a matter of picking the winners, b/c those movies really do win:)...

As previously stated I wonder how IW, DP2, TI2, and AMATW will affect each other in the summer. Will we have diminished returns due to the fact there's a superhero movie every two to four weeks?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

I have no clue but I was very surprised about who are women here as I didn't even think we had some who were into this.

So as men we do have to consider what we say.

Oh man, you see my icon, right?:)  I'll give a hint - it's all true, even the insignia:)...

• Like 3

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Shape of Water will probably be gone and I don't expect Jumanji or Pitch to get 2 screens (not 2 full ones)...JL and a holdover animated would probably keep a 1/2 to full screen and then some adult Nov movie probably gets evening showings vs the family movies...and that's your 12...

Every year, 2-3 Nov movies are still there...so it's a matter of picking the winners, b/c those movies really do win:)...

Jumanji will get two but you're right about Pitch. But still the holdovers may get 3-4 showings.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

As previously stated I wonder how IW, DP2, TI2, and AMATW will affect each other in the summer. Will we have diminished returns due to the fact there's a superhero movie every two to four weeks?

The Incredibles 2 will likely be the least affected as it's animated and a family film not to mention the animation competition that summer is nothing compared to DM3 and SLOP that Cars 3 and Dory faced. 

• Like 1

CB as Hela is interesting, I watched that thor3 trailer and couldn't get enough of her, and a few of my colleagues at work think so as well.

With The goddess of death, hulk, Loki etc...I for one think it will do well. Imagine what a great villian can do for a CB movie ....

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

After reading this article I don't think it's gonna be a problem

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/16/superheroes-are-almost-single-handedly-saving-the-us-box-office.html

• Like 1

Since we're talking future movies while waiting for the actuals, I just had a sudden realization.

With the success of movies like The Shallows and 47 Meters Down, we're currently in the midst of a growing shark and water based fad. That leads me to deduce one thing.

AQUAMAN'S BOX OFFICE IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!

Think about it. Aquaman's water based. Aquaman controls sharks. By the time it comes out it's going to be riding high on the crest of this trend. BE PREPARED! IT'S GONNA BE LIT!

jason-momoa-aquaman.gif

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

Since we're talking future movies while waiting for the actuals, I just had a sudden realization.

With the success of movies like The Shallows and 47 Meters Down, we're currently in the midst of a growing shark and water based fad. That leads me to deduce one thing.

Think about it. Aquaman's water based. Aquaman controls sharks. By the time it comes out it's going to be riding high on the crest of this trend. BE PREPARED! IT'S GONNA BE LIT!

jason-momoa-aquaman.gif

LOL I don't think it has anything to do with one another, but hey Im all for it and YES go aquaman. :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

jason-momoa-aquaman.gif

I've expected huge things from Aquaman since Vinny Chase and James Cameron had it break Spidey's OW long, long ago.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2017 at 4:28 PM, TwoMisfits said:

And you liked Tobey better?  Age wise, acting wise, Spidey concept wise?  Nah...Tom Holland is the best Spidey there's been done so far.  I'll stand by that...just like Vulture was the best villain.  Take down other parts of SMH, but disputing those two things would be old school "fightin' words":)...

But isn't the new Spiderman somewhat ineffective? 

I know that Marvel went for the "rookie" angle in this one, but for most of the film, the new Spidey comes out as quite ineffective and incompetent. 

Vulture (in reality, Keaton's acting) is awesome though. 

• Like 1

Aquaman's definitely an intriguing proposition. And it'll have to be for me to forget that god-awful scene in BvS where Wonder Woman sits down to watch trailers for all the new characters. Even Marvel was never that brazen.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2