WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Well yes for those who overpredicted it, it did underperform but there's just a thing with Marvel movies where people just predict outrageous numbers almost setting themselves up for disappointment for some odd reason. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is going to open up with 190mil, Spider-Man's going to do 150mil.

I'm in an over Gravity club for "It," do you really think that I'm going to call "It" a disappointment if it goes under Gravity's numbers? Of course not. I just wish people would separate their unrealistic expectations from the real expectations.. for instance a realistic expectation for War for the Planet of the Apes would be 60 - 70 million I think but an unrealistic expectation would be it's going to break the opening weekend record because it's reviews are the Dark Knight level. 

Exactly. For all the talk I say for Ninjago going blockbuster I'm happy with a $30M/$100M/$200M performance.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's now my most anticipated DC movie after this.  I cannot believe what I saw in here.  It's unreal that a major blockbuster takes as many risks as this one did.  Brilliant.  Fucking amazing.

The film noir aspect intrigues me. Villain wise, I hope it's either The Penguin or The Riddler even though I'd love to see Clayface or Man-Bat, they can save them for another Bat family film

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The film noir aspect intrigues me. Villain wise, I hope it's either The Penguin or The Riddler even though I'd love to see Clayface or Man-Bat, they can save them for another Bat family film

Nah, let's get a new one for live action - Hugo Strange...fans are loving new villains in universes, so why go back and rehash one?:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

What happened to the Deathstroke rumour? Wasn't Joe Manganiello all set to play Slade Wilson, aka Deathstroke?

Also...film noir? Film noir screams femme fatale, which in Batman's world can only mean Talia or Selina. :D Or maybe Nocturna (I wonder who here even remembers that character...)

• Like 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

What happened to the Deathstroke rumour? Wasn't Joe Manganiello all set to play Slade Wilson, aka Deathstroke?

Also...film noir? Film noir screams femme fatale, which in Batman's world can only mean Talia or Selina. :D Or maybe Nocturna (I wonder who here even remembers that character...)

I don't want Selina...it's like not wanting another Green Goblin...she's been done too many times...

I watched and enjoyed the first two apes movies and I agree with those saying this third one doesn't look different from the second.  Rise and Dawn looked very distinct from each other, but this one looks like Dawn pt 2: Later that morning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, let's get a new one for live action - Hugo Strange...fans are loving new villains in universes, so why go back and rehash one?:)

Two-Face was brilliantly done in The Dark Knight and enough time has passed to see a new interpretation of either character. A Penguin closer to the comics could be done really well and totally different from The Batman Returns version and The Riddler can be reinvented too. 

If Jason Todd appears, the Red Hood could work.

Edited by Jonwo

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

God Reeves overhauled the script he may not be in there anymore.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Exactly. For all the talk I say for Ninjago going blockbuster I'm happy with a $30M/$100M/$200M performance.

Right of course you always hope for the best with a movie you're looking forward to quality-wise and box office wise. And there's nothing wrong with outrageous predictions, those can be fun and actually right sometimes. Just don't say my Art House fav didn't do my predicted 500 million worldwide, woe is me! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Two-Face was brilliantly done in The Dark Knight and enough time has passed to see a new interpretation of either character. A Penguin closer to the comics could be done really well and totally different from The Batman Returns and The Riddler can be reinvented too.

But you're still picking ones all done onscreen...I don't want reinvention, I want new.  Batman, like Spidey, has SO MANY good villains to choose from - heck, if we need a femme fatale, Lady Shiva is a perfect choice...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I don't want Selina...it's like not wanting another Green Goblin...she's been done too many times...

I know Selina is more of an anti-heroine, but...has she ever been portrayed in comics as a straight up villainess? I would be curious about yet another movie Selina if they skipped the "kill you or kiss you" thing with Bruce, and just went for the kill part...if they made her a purely villainous character, I'd be intrigued.

• Like 1

I knew something was off. The Tomato Law can't be stopped. War for the Planet of the Apes has leaked online in DVD quality. The Tomato can't fight the piracy, unfortunately. Dumb American people.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I knew something was off. The Tomato Law can't be stopped. War for the Planet of the Apes has leaked online in DVD quality. The Tomato can't fight the piracy, unfortunately. Dumb American people.

Yes, that is why it's making less.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

But you're still picking ones all done onscreen...I don't want reinvention, I want new.  Batman, like Spidey, has SO MANY good villains to choose from - heck, if we need a femme fatale, Lady Shiva is a perfect choice...

Damn!!! GREAT CHOICE and I hate that I did not think of that first. :D

Yes, I would love Shiva to be the femme fatale in a noirish Batman film... not to mention I'd love to see her incredible fighting skills depicted onscreen!!

• Like 1