WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Pretty disappointing for Spidey and apes honestly. Not 100% unexpected for either though really. I was just really hoping for a great hold for Spidey and a great opening for apes. Outside of wonder woman and guardians 2, this hasn't exactly been the most exciting summer, from a box office standpoint.

• Like 1

Off-topic, how do you know how many likes you've given per day?  I tried to like as much as possible yesterday (to any content that was at least plausible or funny:) to see how many likes I would ever need (if I bought an account) once I lose my gold account in a few weeks:(...does anyone know how I'd check that?

PS - If I didn't give you a like on this thread anywhere, let me know:)...I was trying!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Are people really surprised Spidey's looking at a gargantuan drop? It's dropping standard for a comic book movie. Wonder Woman's hold was an exception.

The only people surprised is iJack, me thinks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Are people really surprised Spidey's looking at a gargantuan drop? It's dropping standard for a comic book movie. Wonder Woman's hold was an exception.

If this was Sunday, it'd be surprising, but we've had evidence since Monday/Tuesday that it'd drop close to 60%.

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

If Spidey can't beat SS with a 93% RT score, they might as well bring Tobey back

I think you need to compare the sixth Suicide Squad movie to the sixth Spiderman movie,

• Like 5

Typically, the bigger the opening weekend, the harder they drop.

I was expecting a -55% at best...a better drop was almost impossible given it's July. It did 5% worse. Compared to other proper 3-days releases like TDKR, Pets, Minions, Ant Man it isn't something unheard of

3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

If Spidey can't beat SS with a 93% RT score, they might as well bring Tobey back

Tbh it's Tobey's fault too if it won't beat SS

1 minute ago, alisson23 said:

Nostalgic moment

15yx0kj.jpg

Insane WOM = 60%+ drop
Good WoM = ~50% drop 
Okay Wom = 43.3% drop
Bad Wom  =  ~30% drop

So happy WW is winning the summer and CBM this year :wub:

Incredible that you took the time to dig up posts @Nova made and mock him for his predictions when you've had your fair share of inaccurate ones.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Nostalgic moment

15yx0kj.jpg

Insane WOM = 60%+ drop
Good WoM = ~50% drop 
Okay Wom = 43.3% drop
Bad Wom  =  ~30% drop

So happy WW is winning the summer and CBM this year :wub:

This is a pretty sad thing to do

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

If Spidey ends up grossing less than SS (say, 320 million, which would be a fantastic number anyway), I would be very shocked. However, it would probably lend some credence to the idea that six films about the same character in a span of 15 years, no matter how popular said character is, may have an impact on people's interest in buying a ticket. SS got awful reviews, but there was an element of novelty, while SM:H, despite great reviews, is still the sixth Spider-Man movie in 15 years.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Off-topic, how do you know how many likes you've given per day?  I tried to like as much as possible yesterday (to any content that was at least plausible or funny:) to see how many likes I would ever need (if I bought an account) once I lose my gold account in a few weeks:(...does anyone know how I'd check that?

PS - If I didn't give you a like on this thread anywhere, let me know:)...I was trying!

I think you get 500 likes a day on a gold account, and 25 likes a day on a regular account.

• Like 1

Nice for apes, really solid film. I'm glad the audience is giving Spidey the mediocre reception and legs it deserves, critics bloviate because it's better than TASM but the truth is it's another meh entry in the franchise and the numbers reflect it. Having it at 310-315m atm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

:jeb!: 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Big Sick went too wide too fast. At least WOM should keep it going.

Looks like A Ghost Story will struggle to make $2M in total.

I don't think it went wide too fast; it just doesn't have nationwide appeal. I was the youngest person in my showing by about 50 years, and not even half the audience had consistent reactions.

Edited by WrathOfHan