WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think you're overestimating how wide appealing the film is. Just look at how The Big Sick is performing. Rural areas probably aren't going to go for Girls Trip.

I think The Big Sick just expanded too fast. Jumping from less than 350 theaters to almost 2,600 theaters was bound to take a huge toll on the PTA (which is still looking to be about $3,500, which isn't bad).

Realistically they should've expanded to about 1,000 theaters this weekend. But hey, that's Lionsgate for ya.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think you're overestimating how wide appealing the film is. Just look at how The Big Sick is performing. Rural areas probably aren't going to go for Girls Trip.

I don't think it's quite the same thing.

Big Sick is stumbling on wide expansion. Now looking like sub 3k per theater. I just don't get why they thought this would break out. It is the perfect art house rom com. Keep it in big cities, don't waste millions on marketing wide release. Deadline is saying they spent well over 20 million marketing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Big Sick is stumbling on wide expansion. Now looking like sub 3k per theater. I just don't get why they thought this would break out. It is the perfect art house rom com. Keep it in big cities, don't waste millions on marketing wide release. Deadline is saying they spent well over 20 million marketing. 

It's no more arthouse than other Apatow films. It just didn't have any appeal outside of big areas. 

56 minutes ago, thelich343 said:

I think it's implied, because so were the spidey movies. And two of those 'poorly received' spidey films are fresh on RT

People just need to wake up.

I have seen more rants on YouTube about SM:HC than any other MCU film.

Its safe to say some people was not satisfied with the film.

49 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Even when you look into RT, SM3, ASM1, and ASM2 all had better audience reception than MOS, BVS, and SS.

Pretty soon we all are gonna understand that these online scores sometimes isn't accurate to the film as much of them are Fanboy driven.

Spiderman+MCU+Ironman+95% should do better however we are stuck with many  saying that the last Spider-Man films screwed this one over when in reailty the film was just underwhelming to some.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Looking at Sundance acquisitions since 2011 (thanks for the charts, BOM), it's looking one of the bigger deals this decade (the top two, and by a nice margin, are Manchester by the Sea and Brooklyn with $47M and $38M respectively). If it legs it out to $45M+, I imagine they'll be very happy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Moderation:

Can we please stop re-litigating all these old DCEU and MCU movies? It's absolutely insane that you guys are compelled to talk about nothing but, and especially that you're always trying to put one universe down while pushing the other up.

I'm sorry as I just replied to someone else.

However I didn't intend for any MCU vs Dceu debates.

• Like 2