cannastop

Onward | Dan Scanlon directing | March 6, 2020 | Coming to VOD on March 20. Coming to Disney+ April 3

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's at 68 with 16 reviews. Whenever it says 71, it doesn't show the San Fransisco Daily and Screendaily (both 50/100) reviews.

71 with 14 reviews when i saw 

Probably will finish with 67-70 on meta

Up to 81% on RT with 7.38 Average, i think it will likely finish with Something like that 

So basically a good movie that some people will pretend is bad received because will not finish with 90%

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

71 with 14 reviews when i saw 

Probably will finish with 67-70 on meta

Up to 81% on RT with 7.38 Average, i think it will likely finish with Something like that 

So basically a good movie that some people will pretend is bad received because will not finish with 90%

you mean most people will pretend , god i hate this  if people pretend that 85 on rt or 67-68 on metacritic   is bad, then people deserve to be dissapointed, these are unrealistic expectation, who is their right minds expects every pixar movie with 90+ rt, 80 + mc

Edited by john2000
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

you mean most people will pretend , god i hate this  if people pretend that 85 on rt or 67-68 on metacritic   is bad, then people deserve to be dissapointed, these are unrealistic expectation, who is their right minds expects every pixar movie with 90+ rt, 80 + mc

I mean if it ends up sub 80%, that really isn't good for a Pixar movie.  Brave, The Good Dinosaur, and the three Cars movies aren't good company to be in with.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean if it ends up sub 80%, that really isn't good for a Pixar movie.  Brave, The Good Dinosaur, and the three Cars movies aren't good company to be in with.

why ? isnt it enough if the movie is great ? and who said, that bc critics didnt LOVED IT, the audience wont ? what logic is this ?

• Like 2

Just now, john2000 said:

why ? isnt it enough if the movie is great ? and who said, that bc critics didnt LOVED IT, the audience wont ? what logic is this ?

I mean considering that audiences didn't love any of the films that landed below 80% except for maybe Cars, I'd say it's not that good. Especially for it to get the legs people expect it to get.

• Disbelief 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I mean considering that audiences didn't love any of the films that landed below 80% except for maybe Cars, I'd say it's not that good. Especially for it to get the legs people expect it to get.

... so thats a rule ? so we will judge before we see the audience reaction ? ok 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Pixar will always face the fact that they’re not allowed to make only a good movie, you can see that even with reviews, people always expect their movies to be among the best.

From The reviews i read for Onward, it’s a movie that could easily get +90% if it wasn’t a Pixar movie.

Anyway, it’s getting good reviews, now let’s see the audience reception, seems like a very funny movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

that can't be good for Pixar standards,  if Soul & Raya and the Last Dragon also get a lukewarm reception, maybe Disney won't win the animation oscar this year :thinking:

Disney will always win, no matter how mediocre unless reviews are awful or competition gains legitimate buzz.

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

that can't be good for Pixar standards,  if Soul & Raya and the Last Dragon also get a lukewarm reception, maybe Disney won't win the animation oscar this year :thinking:

Unlike Onward, Soul and Raya sounds very bold, doubt they will get only good reception, most of people always expect Onward to be the worse of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1