cannastop

Onward | Dan Scanlon directing | March 6, 2020 | Coming to VOD on March 20. Coming to Disney+ April 3

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I guess the Brave, Cars films, and The Good Dinosaur also had pretty good reviews.

idk what score the car film had , but good d and brave, yeah i dont see how 76-80 is lukewarm, thats great, 90+ is fantastic , 85 or so very very good 

@lorddemaxus  man if you have bigger standards then you will be dissapointed very often

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Because one of them is always mediocre and always flops at B.O? I sure hope it won't happen to Onward, but both C3 and TGD did bad numbers. 

how on earth 80 is mediocre, i dont believe that, 80 is 100% positive and it has 7,2 average ............

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

idk what score the car film had , but good d and brave, yeah i dont see how 76-80 is lukewarm, thats great, 90+ is fantastic , 85 or so very very good 

@lorddemaxus  man if you have bigger standards then you will be dissapointed very often

@lorddemaxus Is never satisfied with anything, if it was at 90%, he would complain that it wasn't as higher as Coco.

A score above 85% is perfectly fine for any movie. 

• Like 3

if people have as expectation that every movie needs to hit 85+ on rt , being mcu,dc,pixar etc etc then ............ i am tired of this i remember saying the same thing when joker or captain marvel came , they had 70-78 on rt and people were like oh thats terrible

Edited by john2000

Moderation

@john2000 @lorddemaxus Please stop arguing with each other. It's gone on for multiple pages. Nobody wants to read your guys' banter for that long.

@The Horror of Lucas Films, you're also not off the hook. Pretty rude behavior on your part for acting as if lorddemaxus hates everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I guess that's what happens when you put two talentless 'actors' as the leads of your movie just because they're popular.

I hope Pixar will never do this again, they're better than this.

i personally disagree , but to each their own

Quick Update on Scores:

79%, 7.33/10 on RT with 42 reviews (for recent animated films from Disney, that tomatometer is fairly middling, but the average score is actually identical to Ralph Breaks the Internet)

- Top Critics is 67%, 7.07/10

62 on MC with 24 reviews (that's only better than the Cars sequels - let's hope it doesn't end up in the yellow)

Nothing on Critics Choice

8.5/10 on IMDb (not that this really matters)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

Quick Update on Scores:

79%, 7.33/10 on RT with 42 reviews (for recent animated films from Disney, that tomatometer is fairly middling, but the average score is actually identical to Ralph Breaks the Internet)

- Top Critics is 67%, 7.07/10

62 on MC with 24 reviews (that's only better than the Cars sequels - let's hope it doesn't end up in the yellow)

Nothing on Critics Choice

8.5/10 on IMDb (not that this really matters)

imbd lol amazing how it has score 

Edited by john2000

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Pixar will always face the fact that they’re not allowed to make only a good movie, you can see that even with reviews, people always expect their movies to be among the best.

From The reviews i read for Onward, it’s a movie that could easily get +90% if it wasn’t a Pixar movie.

Anyway, it’s getting good reviews, now let’s see the audience reception, seems like a very funny movie.

Actually it's the other way around. None of the newer Pixar sequels are that groundbreaking but they got a pass from critics because they're Pixar.

Dory 94%

I2 94%

TS4 97%

• Like 1